Just a little rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've been walking past a few NSS salons whilst in town. Lots of people in there, advertising CND Shellac but not one certificate on their wall showing who's qualified, insurance etc.

How this is allowed and how they trade is annoying, especially when you have spent loads on money on good education you buy quality products and your business is quiet!

I will the happiest soul if the industry ever gets regulated.

If a client wants cheap nails they will go to a cheap nail salon, regardless. Just focus on your business and finding clients that suit your business. You want loyal clients that will keep coming back to you because you use good products, not just a quick cheap fix for an occasion xx

I'm fully qualified and insured and trained to do CND Shellac and don't have a certificate up anywhere, so although they might NOT have all the certificates, they might!!!

The NSS near me has a TV showing music videos on all day and I'd put money on it they don't have a PPL or PRS license, but I can't really be bothered to get annoyed about it, I just concentrate on my business x

I think we would all be happy if the nail industry was more strictly regulated. This being said and as frustrating as it can be, don't allow it to irk you but rather focus on being a good nail therapist, draw in custom and keep learning your skill. There are always going to be DIYers, NSS and people wanting 'false nails' on the cheap.

Those salons can have those clients and keep them for all I care. I have clients who don't look for a cheap bargain but want a loyal and good nail tech who they can rely upon to take care of their nails, no matter what the cost.

True say ladies

I am concentrating on my work, building my clientele and ongoing education.
My clients are all professionals and pay what I charge.

Just when you have quite times you wonder what you more you could do.
When these salons are packed.

Latest posts

Back