Just a little thought minx charge for clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this too...I know they are cheaper for us to buy, and would probably be used for day to day wear not special occasions,
The added bonus that they don't have to wait for enamel to dry....they don't have to be careful for 24 hours lol....
I will be charging less for plain minx...but still pricing them well...

I think thats perhaps a good idea...Day wear Minx and Special Occasion Minx...2 categories and 2 prices...one cheaper for more regular wear maybe marketed along with all the other good points as protective and great for someone trying to grow damage out on their nails?

When you said samanthas layers were peeling on the big toe....did you mean natural nail or minx? x

When Liza was doing our ones she said that some people remove them after a shower when they are warm, they wont just peel off in the shower you have got to break the seal before they will peel off.
You know a friend said to me last night .....so how do they not just peel off in the bath or something then if heat removes them ??
And you know when you take that breath in to talk...and nothing comes out..you feel like every brain cell has left the building lol...
Thats what I did ...
So thankyou for reminding me lmao xxx
When you said samanthas layers were peeling on the big toe....did you mean natural nail or minx? x
Natural hun...Only a tiny bit, nothing major I am sure she said..????
I suppose they do bond though, otherwise they wouldn't stay put, so it makes sense..

I will find out in a few weeks for myself when I road test these cheetah babies on my toes (and test them I will !!!!! not yet though they are too preeetttyyy ) lol

Well, I just took my Minx off of my toes, had them on for 5 weeks. They were still looking perfect, but I got bored with the design and decided to change them. No natural nail layers coming off at all!

hmm not sure I would agree with that....the cost of living , house prices etc have gone up massively round my way....but the wages most definately havent...I can definately say that most of us round her have very little disposable income and are really struggling to get by for sure! and as far as the statistics go for the average wages in this area...they are SO inaccurate..laughable infact x

It's statistics hun, not my opinion!! :hug:

The north west it particularly applies to. The north east too, but they also have the highest consumer debts - those Georgie girls won't stop spending!!

All I'm saying is, it doesn't matter where you live, particularly in London, there are a lot of people near where I live who are fighting for their jobs at the moment because of the banking crisis and are giving up on loads of luxuries.

Don't just presume that people won't pay because of where you live..... people will pay if they want the product.

For example, I know some trained beauty therapists who are only earning £6ph around here and the average price for a two bed flat around here is £250-£300k!! Wages aren't as massive as some people think!

They can but do we want them to? Could be missing out on an opportunity to give them another service perhaps x

Tbh, I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable with all this talk of money and Minx - premium product, pay for removal, etc........ I want to offer a product that makes my clients feel special, appreciate what I do and want it over and over again. If I charge £30 to put them on and then £10 to remove them it doesn't make it a very affordable look IMO. Personally I don't care the Mrs B has them - why should that push the price up? I would rather charge £20 and have return business for them than charge more and only do them once in a blue moon. Personally, I would be a bit taken aback at paying £30 for a service that lasts less then 45 mins.

I've priced my service based on cost to me and time taken and I think £20 is fair. If I charged for removal I would feel a complete fraud when it will only take 10 mins tops. If a client wants me to remove them at a future appt I will do it FOC and if she wants to remove them herself that's fine by me.

There's a line between maximising profit available and ripping clients off and with Minx we are in danger of crossing it IMO.

After listening to Jan and the ladies over the weekend,
I think I have been a kind of "nail vampire" lol....Keeping away all those REAL nail clients....
Maybe it was my negative state of mind....I did have a few who adore their nails...but I am talking single numbers...

Whether its positive mental attitude or what I don't know but I have already had 4 inquiries since the event about nails...
Thats more than in the last few weeks put together lol

I am going to use the knowledge that has been passed onto me to my own advantage and get myself out there....

There ARE clients out there willing to pay for the best service, and clients out there who simply don't have enhancements because they don't know where to go to get a good set ....
I am going to find as many of them in my local area as I possibly can..

I am going to use the rest of this year to enhance my business skills to make me feel more professional when I "launch" myself....

Ooooooo blimey I can't wait lol

Tbh, I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable with all this talk of money and Minx - premium product, pay for removal, etc........ I want to offer a product that makes my clients feel special, appreciate what I do and want it over and over again. If I charge £30 to put them on and then £10 to remove them it doesn't make it a very affordable look IMO. Personally I don't care the Mrs B has them - why should that push the price up? I would rather charge £20 and have return business for them than charge more and only do them once in a blue moon. Personally, I would be a bit taken aback at paying £30 for a service that lasts less then 45 mins.

I've priced my service based on cost to me and time taken and I think £20 is fair. If I charged for removal I would feel a complete fraud when it will only take 10 mins tops. If a client wants me to remove them at a future appt I will do it FOC and if she wants to remove them herself that's fine by me.

There's a line between maximising profit available and ripping clients off and with Minx we are in danger of crossing it IMO.

You might not care about mrs VB ect hun, but there are young ladies I know of locally who have no children, work..live at home with parents etc...who like to think they can have what celebs have....
I couldn't give a toss personally about what she has and doesn't, but Some girls do.
These girls would be more than happy to pay £25-30 for the cheetah minxs I have on my toenails at the moment (more so if they really do last 4/5/6 weeks)
We are not only whacking a set of minx on, we are prepping the nails too,
Poppits take around 45 minutes and last around 2 weeks before an infill is required and the charge is around the same...
Only according to what I have read toenail minx can last much longer than this before the need for a new set.

If a client wants to remove them themselves, then thats entirely upto them, just as it is if they would like to remove enhancements with their teeth...
But If they WOULD like me to remove them, and manicure their nails, then of course I am going to charge for it...
And I would prefer it if they did,...

I haven't gotten as far as thinking about removing then applying a new set in the same appointment yet ...my head is too full lol.....

And I know that I for one, would never rip a client off...
I have gave away too many freebies and under priced sets in the past to come anywhere near that....
It's not me at all.....But I will NOT make the same mistake again...

I don't want to be charging much lower than average...or much higher, which is why I started this discussion, to find peoples veiws...

I am in love with Minx at the moment, I am excited about them and of course I hope they are a success......
I may find in a few months I can't stand them ..But I am going to live and learn...
I already know after 1 day I personally am not keen on them for fingernails...not mine anyway...
Yet I could look at my toenails all day :green:

Like I said in a previous post..its about finding that balance at the end of the day...not underselling it and not over selling it....im sure nobody here is interested in 'ripping people off'..if you charge to little then will it still 'feel' special to your client..or will it be neither here nor there to your client?
With regards to Mrs B...yeah I think you maybe should care that she wears it....this is one reason that makes the client feel special if they can wear it too.

Im sorry you feel uncomfortable about the 'money and minx' discussion thats going on here but the point of this thread is really to find a happy medium with the clients best interests at heart AND the business best interest at heart.

I'm more inclined to think that the majority of clients will only want to be minxed for special occasions rather than as a regular service.....and as suggested before it would possibly a good idea to offer day wear minx (which would be the plain armour) at a lower price, and for the patterned and metallics....use for Special Occasion wear at a higher price.

Charging for removal was just a question put to everyone to debate about x

After listening to Jan and the ladies over the weekend,
I think I have been a kind of "nail vampire" lol....Keeping away all those REAL nail clients....
Maybe it was my negative state of mind....I did have a few who adore their nails...but I am talking single numbers...

Whether its positive mental attitude or what I don't know but I have already had 4 inquiries since the event about nails...
Thats more than in the last few weeks put together lol

I am going to use the knowledge that has been passed onto me to my own advantage and get myself out there....

There ARE clients out there willing to pay for the best service, and clients out there who simply don't have enhancements because they don't know where to go to get a good set ....
I am going to find as many of them in my local area as I possibly can..

I am going to use the rest of this year to enhance my business skills to make me feel more professional when I "launch" myself....

Ooooooo blimey I can't wait lol

Oo Ems you sound so raring to go...sounds like you have found more confidence in yourself!....and so you should...you do fantastic nails.....go get em! x

Like I said in a previous post..its about finding that balance at the end of the day...not underselling it and not over selling it....im sure nobody here is interested in 'ripping people off'..if you charge to little then will it still 'feel' special to your client..or will it be neither here nor there to your client?

I believe I have a profit margin that makes using Minx worth my while and makes it an affordable treat for my clients.

With regards to Mrs B...yeah I think you maybe should care that she wears it....this is one reason that makes the client feel special if they can wear it too.

My clients feel special because of how they look and and feel. My core client base is not driven by what the likes of VB, etc wear as such. They will look at trend but ultimately buy what they feel comforatble with. Maybe I know my market rather than blindely follow the 'celeb' trend?

I'm more inclined to think that the majority of clients will only want to be minxed for special occasions rather than as a regular service.....and as suggested before it would possibly a good idea to offer day wear minx (which would be the plain armour) at a lower price, and for the patterned and metallics....use for Special Occasion wear at a higher price.

I'm choosing to only offer the patterned and metallics and I think £20 (or £15 on top of an enhancement service) is premium enough pricing. If I do a full set of enhancements and then Minx them I'll earn £50 for 2 hours-ish work - that sounds good to me. £65 for the same work is plain greedy.

Charging for removal was just a question put to everyone to debate about x

Charging for removal is unnecessary IMO.

I know you've been talking about premium pricing at the event, but be mindful of expoiting clients pockets.

You are totally entitled to your opinion too....I respect that, thats what the thread is about,

But I don't think you can say that someone is greedy because they choose to charge more than someone else...

Do you sell solar oil etc...at the RRP, or cheaper ???

The price we have been RECOMMENDED to charge by the ladies who invented the product is £30-£35

We haven't plucked this price out of thin air to make a fortune and rip people off.....nor be greedy
This is the recommended retail price from the horses mouth
(not that I am calling the lovely ladies horses lol)

Charging for removal is unnecessary IMO.

I know you've been talking about premium pricing at the event, but be mindful of expoiting clients pockets.

I think we can safely say that this thread has come about because as Emmsy points out...we have been recommended to charge up to 35 pounds...even on top of enhancements....which has made a few of us worry that this price is too high which has led to us discussing the prices together on here...therefore I would say we are being very mindful about exploiting peoples pockets...

I was sat on the fence at the start of this thread and was thinking more along your lines...basically that we should charge much lower prices to gain regular clients rather than one-offs BUT having discussed it on here and other places I am leaning further towards the fact that the metallics/patterned minx are for special occasions and should be suitably priced..

its hard to form a decision until ive shown people the minx and what it looks like and asked their opinions etc...

you have decided to offer this service at the lower end of the price range recommendations which is your choice...im pleased you are happy with this...in the meantime ....I think I can speak for Emmsy as well as myself on this and say we are still pondering...thanx for your input tho x

Hi all. I bought the Minx kit a few weeks ago and my ladies are buzzing about them. I had Gold lightening on my toes for around 3 weeks with no problems at all, but looking close up I could tell they were looking a bit shabby. I have just done an article in a local magazine about Minx so I'm hoping the phone will start ringing soon for the ladies to be Minxed ( I lurve the name BTW). I was thinking of charging £20-£25 for a set, anymore than that and I think my clients would not even entertain it. I have done an introductary price for the whole of November so I'll see how it goes. x

Hi all. I bought the Minx kit a few weeks ago and my ladies are buzzing about them. I had Gold lightening on my toes for around 3 weeks with no problems at all, but looking close up I could tell they were looking a bit shabby. I have just done an article in a local magazine about Minx so I'm hoping the phone will start ringing soon for the ladies to be Minxed ( I lurve the name BTW). I was thinking of charging £20-£25 for a set, anymore than that and I think my clients would not even entertain it. I have done an introductary price for the whole of November so I'll see how it goes. x

great stuff! make sure you let us know how you get on!
Are you charging the same price for the plain ones? x

The price we have been RECOMMENDED to charge by the ladies who invented the product is £30-£35

We haven't plucked this price out of thin air to make a fortune and rip people off.....nor be greedy
This is the recommended retail price from the horses mouth
(not that I am calling the lovely ladies horses lol)

This thread has very interesting input around pricing Minx http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/78890-minx-how-much-do-you-will-you-charge-2.html including a discussion around the £20 vs £30 issue.

i personally think £30 is way too high for the minx alone....i would may be add them in for a bit (how much ££ a bit is i dont know yet) extra onto the price of a manicure/ pedicure/ enhancements....as you would need to do a good prep anyway to use them and for them to look good.
I have some more pictures if you are interested in me posting them that janice from minx sent me. They are really taking off in the states now from what i have been told.
xx

i personally think £30 is way too high for the minx alone....i would may be add them in for a bit (how much ££ a bit is i don't know yet) extra onto the price of a manicure/ pedicure/ enhancements....as you would need to do a good prep anyway to use them and for them to look good.
I have some more pictures if you are interested in me posting them that Janice from minx sent me. They are really taking off in the states now from what i have been told.
xx

This is what I was thinking Hun, The mix would be applied with a manicure anyway, you have to do the cuticle work and dehydration etc before they can be applied .....so its not only minx its the Mani too...
I am hovering around the £25 mark, but am interested in everyones opinions first...

I would like to see the pictures please Hun xxx

I've never seen Minx applied but I'm guessing it's a pretty quick procedure once you had the training?
I'm sure Poshfloss will let me know more about it when I speak to her as she was at the event and I'd love a set on my toes AND love to see what it's all about. (hint hint Angela:):hug:)
But from what I've read there's no way I could get away with charging that price IN MY AREA.
And a lot of the time we forget that prices can vary on the area you live and the fact that you may work in a large salon or are just a little one man band.
I'd quite like to have a go and see what it's all about but I'm not trained with Creative so am I not able to purchase some and have a nosey??
Pricing is a really personal thing IMO and depends on many different things.

This is what I was thinking Hun, The mix would be applied with a manicure anyway, you have to do the cuticle work and dehydration etc before they can be applied .....so its not only minx its the Mani too...
I am hovering around the £25 mark, but am interested in everyones opinions first...

I would like to see the pictures please Hun xxx

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-get-nailed-by-minx/

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/10/13/beyonce-cyborg-arm/

http://platformlaunchaction.blogspot.com/2008/10/get-hook-on-minx-nails.html

http://www.fashionwindows.net/2008/09/christina-aguilera-mariah-carey-minx/

here are some links and articles for you to look at. I agree that pricing is a personal thing and is very depandant on your area and clientel...what one person is willing to pay is not necessarily anothers...but it still has to be worth your while.
xx

Last edited:
Is there a french look or pale pink minx? thanks

Latest posts

Back