Just a little thought minx charge for clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen Minx applied but I'm guessing it's a pretty quick procedure once you had the training?
I'm sure Poshfloss will let me know more about it when I speak to her as she was at the event and I'd love a set on my toes AND love to see what it's all about. (hint hint Angela:):hug:)
But from what I've read there's no way I could get away with charging that price IN MY AREA.
And a lot of the time we forget that prices can vary on the area you live and the fact that you may work in a large salon or are just a little one man band.
I'd quite like to have a go and see what it's all about but I'm not trained with Creative so am I not able to purchase some and have a nosey??
Pricing is a really personal thing IMO and depends on many different things.

You're right Judy, it is quite a quick process once you get your eye in! And that's the basis of my pricing - I can't in all fairness charge £30+ for something that takes me about 45 mins (inclusing setting up/packing away/taking money). I wouldn't pay it!

I would imagine you can buy these even though you're not CND trained. It's only the L+P and Brisa that are restricted to CND trained tech's only. Give S2 a call and get some, they're wicked! Shame you're not closer to me 'cos I'd do you a set :hug:

ok my take on this is in reality you arent just charging for the minx, you are charging for the prep and service aswell.
In reality you are charging for the mani before which would be say 20, plus 10 for the minx which = 30. Now I dont see a problem with this. If an enhancement client wants the minx it will cost them an extra 10.
Now if you dont do the mani before hand what problems will you be having? So you really need to charge for the mani before with the minx as the add on.
So all you are really charging for the minx is 10
Does that make sense?

ok my take on this is in reality you arent just charging for the minx, you are charging for the prep and service aswell.
In reality you are charging for the mani before which would be say 20, plus 10 for the minx which = 30. Now I dont see a problem with this. If an enhancement client wants the minx it will cost them an extra 10.
Now if you dont do the mani before hand what problems will you be having? So you really need to charge for the mani before with the minx as the add on.
Does that make sense?

It does to me. I know that if its out of some peoples price then they simply wont have it but there will be those that will pay it and hopefully as they are seen with it the word will spread and bring in others, maybe new clients, wanting it too. I wish there had been someone doing those at the hotel, with no nails on and Saturday fast showing me I could have had mine done I would have given my right arm for a 'Minxer' to jaz up my bare short nails, even at £30 and somehow I just think there will be people like that out there waiting for this service, premium price and all. :hug:

Does that make sense?
Perfect sense to me hun....then when you take into mind the cost of the minx to us....its not much profit at all really....

My mani isnt that high, and it wouldnt be the full mani works, just the cuticle work removing the shine and dehydrating the nail plate, but still....

You do NEED to do that prep yes as otherwise they would not adhere properly...and they would look pretty awful too...
If your hands or feet are going to get noticed which they will with these...then the cuticle area needs to be spot on too of course....

I don't want to rip anyone off, but I dont want to do it for nothing !

I am road testing them myself and am going to do them on my friend too, and see what the reaction is like, and how they hold up,

But the fact of the matter is, they still cost me the same and I will still be doing the manicure too....

Vetty you say you personally wouldn't pay for them at a higher price....
well a few years ago I personally wouldn't pay £30 for a set of enhancements.....doesn't mean others wouldnt..
I wouldnt pay £500 for a pair of shoes....doesn't mean others dont...

Everyone IS different this is correct....
I think to be honest I will just do my market research locally and then make up my mind

I thankyou ALL for your input so far xxx :hug:

Min I have just read your reply....I know what you mean...the ones that want and can afford them will have them....the ones that don't or can't won't !
Same with manicures.....pedicures....nail enhancements, and any other professional service xxxxx

I will only be offering Minx Pedicures to begin with as they are less prone to problems.

When I feel I've gotten to know the product & have mastered using Minx for pedicures, I will consider offering Minx Manicures.

I'm choosing to view toes as beginners and fingers as advanced.

cracking idea lauri.

i've only done one set on toes as yet and gave a set away as a prize last night at a breast cancer care event. My poor model friend had to go in her flip flops to show them off for me (and we had hailstones here last night)- but i got 4 bookings!!!

well I did a sample of the silver on my friend yesterday (that she didnt want but I made her lol) and she has text me today to say she defo wants me to do her a full set of the santa ones at the beginning of december! So im feeling quite pleased because she's not really that interested in nails, make up or anything like that and didnt seem that keen on them when I was raving on about them yesterday! Reeeeeeeesult! lol she's a very close friend tho so I wont be charging her much...but once shes wearing them hopefully theyll get seen by other and ill get some clients maybe...so I really need to get deciding on my prices! x

The local magazine article I did has been distributed round some of the local area, and I have had 2 bookings already for the Minx yahoooo!. I also had a call asking about the Minx ( which will have been a salon close by running scared!!!!) I'm doing an offer throughout November for £15, this will get them hooked and then going to charge £20 (for plain and patterned) and see how it goes.xx

The local magazine article I did has been distributed round some of the local area, and I have had 2 bookings already for the Minx yahoooo!. I also had a call asking about the Minx ( which will have been a salon close by running scared!!!!) I'm doing an offer throughout November for £15, this will get them hooked and then going to charge £20 (for plain and patterned) and see how it goes.xx

Thats great news well done!

Does anyone have any info about the custom made designs? Are we able to get them...how much are they...how do we get them etc ?? x

Is there a french look or pale pink minx? thanks

Any one know? :lol: Just my clients are not really into nail art, although I think they're really fun!

Any one know? :lol: Just my clients are not really into nail art, although I think they're really fun!

On the chart I have I cant see any french but there are some plain colours including a pale pink....if you call sweetsquared they will send you a chart out so you can have a look x

I think I have made a decision!

For the plain....18 per set or 30 for both sets
For the patterned/metalics....25 per set or 40 for both sets

just need to find out about the custom designed ones..and im not too sure whether some of these designs on the chart would be classed as plained or not!

well the minx i put on a couple of nights ago look a right mess now...they are all still firmly intact however the free edges of all of them have worn away...much like polish would after a while...im hoping its just because I havent put them on too well...I wasnt able to pull the minx over the free edge because my nails are short...so thats probably why.

well the minx i put on a couple of nights ago look a right mess now...they are all still firmly intact however the free edges of all of them have worn away...much like polish would after a while...im hoping its just because I havent put them on too well...I wasnt able to pull the minx over the free edge because my nails are short...so thats probably why.

did you try what i mentioned above about using the buffing side of a girlfriend or similar to try and seal the edge...? i am dying to see if this works...:)

did you try what i mentioned above about using the buffing side of a girlfriend or similar to try and seal the edge...? i am dying to see if this works...:)

I am going to try this Angie, It makes sense...(you clever geekie lol)

I'm happy to say my toenails and daughters are still perfect...I was worried because I did them with a hairdryer :o
But nope, they are still brilliant (I know its only been a couple of days though)

The one I have applied to my pinkie is still going strong too, I have no free edge on it so that might help....
I prefer the look on short nails...Same as I do with dark enamels though,

I can't wait to get some more, and its killing me that I have to keep these cheetah ones on my toenails for as long as they will possibly stay there (or until they look tatty lol)
I just want to change them every day :green:

I have showed a few people now and they have all done the same thing...
which is " :eek: ooohhh myyy gooodd I LOVE them "

Oh I can't wait until the summer, I think they'll be soooooo popular for toes. xx

The problem for me is getting the minx to go right over the edge...tuck a bit under and file away the excess without losing the minx on the free edge if you get what i mean...so I havent got anything to seal yet lol x

I had a lady in today she wanted the silver lighteneing, her big toe was really uneven at the cuticle end it was a nightmare to do, I had to cut the Minx etc, I did it in the end but I was a bit stressed lol

I am going to try this Angie, It makes sense...(you clever geekie lol)

I'm happy to say my toenails and daughters are still perfect...I was worried because I did them with a hairdryer :o
But nope, they are still brilliant (I know its only been a couple of days though)

The one I have applied to my pinkie is still going strong too, I have no free edge on it so that might help....
I prefer the look on short nails...Same as I do with dark enamels though,

I can't wait to get some more, and its killing me that I have to keep these cheetah ones on my toenails for as long as they will possibly stay there (or until they look tatty lol)
I just want to change them every day :green:

I have showed a few people now and they have all done the same thing...
which is " :eek: ooohhh myyy gooodd I LOVE them "
Hurry up and get ya arse up here I want the ink cheetah ones on my toes!
Yay 500th post I made it lol
Jen xx

Can I ask a question??
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.
Is it dry prep for Minx?
If you performed a pedicure and THEN applied Minx could you expect any probs?
ie does it adhere better to dry nails?

Can I ask a question??
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.
Is it dry prep for Minx?
If you performed a pedicure and THEN applied Minx could you expect any probs?
ie does it adhere better to dry nails?

If you do a pedicure you have to make sure that the nail is absolutely dry. I have seen somewhere that you can use a hairdryer for this and then use scrubfresh or equivalent to dehydrate and clean the nailplate. HTH

Latest posts

Back