Just a quick one - Dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucymayclegg

Reaction score
Just wondering what you all think of Dermalogica? Do any of you use it in your salon? I have trained in Dermalogica two years ago and used it for the duration i worked there. I then went to work as a spa therapist for Clarins and now Im training again in Dermalogica for a different salon. Do you find you have any clients that dislike the brand? Personally I love it!! But I had a lady in the other day who disliked it and I couldnt understand why!? lol. have yu had any negative feedback?

I use dermalogica and love it too! I've never had any negative feedback. I cant understand that either! Lol! There is so much to choose from how can she dislike the whole brand? I would ask what she used and give her some samples of other products? The training I did was absolutely brilliant. I couldn't fault them.

i used dermalogica and the only complaint i get is its gone quite dear. Maybe you should spend some time an do a personalised skin bar just for her and watch her use the products and just ask her why doesn't she like it. Go from there really. hope this helps

Hi sorry to butt in! Those of you who have trained with dermalogica... Was it just how to use their products or was it actually how to perform facials? Hope im making sense here! I dont currently do beauty, only nails but want to expand into afew other treatments.. A full beauty qualification would involve re doing at least 5 units so im hoping to just fill in the gaps... From personal use im a dermalogica addict!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Well we don't currently have the brand nor any samples yet we are still using Esthederm until dermalogica comes next week! She said she had a bad reaction so maybe the therapist had used incorrect products as she also had acne! I will try my hardest to get her on to dermalogica because i love it! I even prefer it to Clarins and thats also a brilliant brand! :) Thanks for your help :)

The training consists of alot of things. From the history of dermalogica to use of retail and Professional products (salon use) the ingredients everything in depth down to the facial technique. There are different courses but the beginner course is 4 days. you get certified and a Dermalogica badge :) this is my second set of training with them and I fell in love with it allll over again. Amazing! If you can get the training definitely do it :)

Hi sorry to butt in! Those of you who have trained with dermalogica... Was it just how to use their products or was it actually how to perform facials? Hope im making sense here! I dont currently do beauty, only nails but want to expand into afew other treatments.. A full beauty qualification would involve re doing at least 5 units so im hoping to just fill in the gaps... From personal use im a dermalogica addict!

You would need to be a qualified therapist before doing any of the dermalogica classes. they are based around there products with lots of ingredient info and the science behind the products. you can do a class for a facial massage but they dont take you step by step through a facial you should already know that

You would need to be a qualified therapist before doing any of the dermalogica classes. they are based around there products with lots of ingredient info and the science behind the products. you can do a class for a facial massage but they dont take you step by step through a facial you should already know that

Thanks for that, thats what i suspected. Already attended a 4hr demo they did in my college, but that was mainly company history, retailing their products and a shortened facial demo including face mapping. Found it very interesting and got a certificate out of it (obv it means jack as im not a qualified therapist!). Definately sparked an area of interest i didnt know i had! Thanks for your help xx

One of my biggest clients did not like Dermalogica when she first came to me. She had bad experience with the product prescription untrained therapist wrong products etc but now she loves Dermalogica she has all Dermalogica as u can think of. I had to re train her views on Dermalogica and re introduce it slowly.

I didn't get on with it! I was allergic to something and reacted to everything I used from them. But we all get on with different products, it just wasn't for me. My friend used it though and the difference it made was amazing! Whatever you use in your facials there will always be some clients you can't please!

Latest posts

Back