Just a rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aromatherapy

Reaction score
I'm just soo sick and tired of clients showing up 10-15 minutes late,then breezing through the door without an apology,or the same lame excuse they have everytime they are late... i don't know what to do about it, i try and explain that their service will be cut short,but i will still have to charge the same amount. Some just don't care, or they say well your next client won't mind waiting a few minutes. How can people be soo rude and inconsiderate,it also just throws me right off for the rest of the day,and i am always playing catch up:irked:. It is also not fair to my next client to have to wait because the one before her has no concept of time.. I wish sometimes i could really tell the client what i think of them but that would be very unprofessional. I feel better thank you lol:)

Hiya
I think this has driven us all mad at some point. The way I got round it with persistent offenders was to still finish at the time the treatment should have finished. They soon realised I wouldn't run late for them and soon started to respect my time. If they didn't then they just got a shorter treatment. Hope you get it sorted.

thanks it just frustrates me... and i do do that, i tell them well im sorry you were late but i cannot run late for my next client so we cannot do the full service today.. but some like i said just don't care and always show up late...

I hear ya'. It frustrates us all. Some clients also get upset if you cut their service short because of THEIR tardiness. Really? YOU WERE LATE!

For this very reason, if a client is 15 minutes late to an hour appointment with me, I make them reschedule...PERIOD. I will not allow a tardy client to make me late for my on-time client. I have only one exception to this rule and that is if a client is coming for a one hour manicure. I will give the client the option of a 30-minute manicure.

exactly!!!!! the most infuriating part for me is when they just look at me with the deer in the headlight look, like whaaaaattttt:rolleyes: and the other day a client who was late by 10 min had the gall to say to me,well your running late for me,you don't have your stuff set up!!!!!!!!!!! Really are you kidding me. i had just dismantaled everything because i was frustrated and thought she would be a no show...

i agree with above, if they havent done it that often then just cut their treatment time short, but if they always do it make them re-squedule, you could pre warn when they book that from now on if they are over 10mins late they will have to re-book. when i go to get my bikini wax done (sod doing it myself) i expect to go in on time, i go crazy if i dont, its rude and i have better things to do than sit around and wait when i have an appointment and i'm on time. being mobile i have started driving off if they're not in within 10min of their appointment, and i shove a bill through their letter box. i have only started doing this recently because i would be sat waiting and it would get to 20mins after their appointment and they'd text like 'i'm just coming, i will be there in a min' n its just like REALLY????!!!!!

Im with Redduck on this one. I cut the treatment short. With the explanation of it is
Rude of me if I were to hold up the next few clients as people
have such busy lives. Else if they are pesistant late clients i tell them there treatment
Starts 10 mins earlier than the time I book them.

exactly!!!!! the most infuriating part for me is when they just look at me with the deer in the headlight look, like whaaaaattttt:rolleyes: and the other day a client who was late by 10 min had the gall to say to me,well your running late for me,you don't have your stuff set up!!!!!!!!!!! Really are you kidding me. i had just dismantaled everything because i was frustrated and thought she would be a no show...

Our Concierge staff no-shows clients after 15 minutes unless you've called to make other arrangements. So after my last client of the day was 15 minutes late and didn't answer their call to her, they no-showed her. I packed up and was checking my tip box when she finally walked in, now 25 minutes late for a 1-hour pedi. Concierge told her she would have to reschedule at which time she pointed at me and said, "What about that 'girl,' she's not doing anything." Mind you, I'll be 50 years old in 2 months....hardly a 'girl.'

I turned and told her that I was the 'girl' for whom she was 25 minutes late and I was the 'girl' whom had no future availability to accommodate her and told her it was such a shame, really, because I was the absolute best. Concierge rescheduled her with another tech.

I had a lovely client, a medical professional, who seemed to lose all concept of time when it came to appointments. I couldn't understand this as I'm sure she lives her professional life by the clock.....although maybe I've just hit on the answer as I rarely get called in on time for hospital appointments!

What do your colleges think when you tell clients your the best ?

Mine get 10 mins , then a call , If they can't be there with in 5 mins of the call or they don't answer then I message that them letting them know that I may have to take a non refundable deposit for 50% on all feature bookings .

I've haven't ever had to do this though as They ever never come late again , or they don't re book both are fine with me as I have full book anyway :)

What do your colleges think when you tell clients your the best ?

This was said with a wry smile and a wry voice, a wink and grin. It's difficult to convey in posts. I would never disrespect my colleagues like that. We're a happy team. And we're happy because we have mutual respect for each other.

I appreciate your concern, though.:lol:

was'nt concered just curious LOL !

50 years old! You don't look it! You look about 30 in your profile picture! :)

50 years old! You don't look it! You look about 30 in your profile picture! :)

Ditto!

I have clients like this and because it's a regular thing I book them in 15 minutes later than the time I tell them. So for example I tell them 1.00pm and write it in at 1.15pm. If they turn up at 1.00pm then THEY wait!

Educate your clients, don't negotiate with them.

If a client turns up late, I automatically dock the time off their appointment. Only one person has acutally checked me on this by saying "by that hour went quickly, are you sure I had an hour?". I turned, looked them in the eye and said "you were booked from 5-6pm, it is now 6pm, so yes". Funnily enough, never late again.

Some clients genuinely forget, they get a call, and quite often race down for the rest of their appointment time, I still finish on time.

Just don't start justifying what you are doing, finish on the dot.

I know its more difficult for people who do timed treatments such as manicures, but I would miss out a stage to ensure I finished on time.

Even if I have NO OTHER CLIENT BOOKED IN AFTER, I finish on time.

thanks it just frustrates me... and i do do that, i tell them well im sorry you were late but i cannot run late for my next client so we cannot do the full service today.. but some like i said just don't care and always show up late...

If they show up late, as disrespectful as it is, but are still willing to pay full price for a shortened treatment, you can't grumble too much. Thats their perogative.

If they run in late and expect you to accomodate them, thats a different story. I'm evil over lateness. I cantt stand it! :evil:

I dont tend to get clients being late as I am mobile, do get the occasional text telling me they will be there in 2 mins and one telling me that she was on her way and would be 5 mins.... I waited 20 minutes then text her to say that I couldnt wait any longer as I had another client booked in after her... :grr:

What I am getting frustrated with lately is clients who seem to think they are the only ones you have booked in that day, they have no concern for your schedule at all! for example, I had 2 ladies booked in for a tan so obviously allowed time for them both, turned up and asked where the other lady was? 'Oh she's not coming now, not even back from work yet!'... so I was then sitting outside my next clients house for half an hour killing time as she couldnt be done any earlier!

Then last night I had 4 tans to do in one house, turned up, got 4 record cards out of my bag to be told 'oh, theres gonna be 5 of us now!' :evil: which made me 25 mins late for my next appointment!!

Maybe I should say sorry I cant fit anyone else in as I have another appointment but it was awkward at the time...

infuriates me that they dont let me know these things in advance! They seem to think they have all day to themselves. The amount of times I arrive to be told they are just gonna jump in the shower or go and remove make up too! I am standing there all set up and waiting for them for 10-15 mins!! Cant cut a spray tan short very easily! :grr: Grrrrr!! Never mind that it is sometimes 10pm and I havent even eaten yet!!

While we are having a moan can i just add that its mobile phones that are my bug bear!? Some are quite happy to get up half way through a treatment and answer their phone, like their lives depend upon it, to then have a 5 minute chat about nothing major while you stand and wait.

How on earth did we cope before mobile phones??!

nothing is worse than the mobile phone thing. when im trying to do a full set of nails i can't have you bopping around and answearing your phone!!! I need you to sit still and face me,and the well you only need this hand right now so ill text with the other doesn't work for me either.. i have just started telling clients that your phone MUST be put out of site as i need all the room i can get on my table and their full attention,nothing more frustrating than a person who i told you need to put your hand into the light and their like what oh,by then my gel has dripped down the sides and i must redo the nail..:irked:

maybe its down to being an employee or what have you but now that i have my own business, im pretty no nonsense.

no phones, no texting, no whatever. if you're late for an enhancement service, you must reschedule. and i would never allow a client to make me late for my next one. they dont run my schedule, i do.

i was so honoured last year when i got a job at a "prestigeous" spa. i didnt realize my main job there would be to take daily abuse from clients to the point of having to call security! i even had a woman come up 3 inches from my face and scream at me because SHE smudged her polish.

my boyfriend (at the time) would rub my back while i cried until i fell asleep every night. he broke up with me because of that job. it was the worst three months of my entire life and the day after he broke up with me, i went into my managers office, told them they are the worst company ever for expecting me to take abuse like that and i quit on the spot.

now that i have my own place, i want my clients to feel like they're hanging out with a girlfriend and have fun. we listen to music and talk about men. and my clients have lots of respect for me :)

Latest posts

Back