Just a rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgx

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm getting extremely annoyed with the amount of girls in my area that arnt trained in nails and are doing them from home for £8-£10 for l&p or gel nails and they arnt even nice nails lol their pages are popping up all over my Facebook Claiming they are using gelish and named brands when you can clearly see they haven't got a clue and just bought all of it from Hong Kong off eBay!!! I find it really frustrating that Iv worked my backside off training and saving while they think they can just copy nails off YouTube and that's it they are qualified gggrrrrr sorry for the rant but had to get it out lol x

To be honest, I know it's hard to ignore them but people like that are never around for long.

One woman has been doing it for a year now and most of her clients are coming to me now and I couldn't believe the story's I was hearing, she was getting her 6 yr old daughter to stick nail tips on and file them etc I would never pay for that!! X

One woman has been doing it for a year now and most of her clients are coming to me now and I couldn't believe the story's I was hearing, she was getting her 6 yr old daughter to stick nail tips on and file them etc I would never pay for that!! X

OMG! WTF! PMSL :eek:

I'm sorry but who would pay for that. I wouldn't even give it the time of day. If people go to places like this, I don't know what they expect. Keep on advertising, keep your prices and let them employ their 6 year olds!

If most of her clients are now coming to you, then you will know that these people don't last long, and properly trained qualified techs will eventually always win :)

I know I'm happy the are finally realising wha they are paying for but honestly it just annoys me these people can get away with it probably tax free aswell x

someone was advertising on spotted llanelli the other day doing l&p for £5 :rolleyes:

People like that won't be around for long. Im training at college still and it annoys me now!!
Their work will be nowhere near as good quality as a trained nail tech and people will see that one day! Rise above them :) x

It's so annoying I know. At the Nd of the day they pay low price they will get a poor job done

I know how it feels, I'm just starting out really and I refuse to drop my prices ..... I use shellac/ Vinylux etc and invested a lot of time and money and I think my prices are worth every penny x

There's loads of people like this round me that advertise on local selling sites on Facebook. At the end of the day, there will always be people who want cheap nails regardless of the quality. I have learnt to pay no attention. Using quality products applied with the experience of quality training will always attract the best quality clients will to pay for the best quality services. Pay no heed to them chicky. If you are not in their lower league, then they will not poach your potential clients. Those that try them will learn the hard way to the detriment of their natural nails. If you have confidence in yourself, your services and your prices, then clients will have confidence in you xxx

Latest posts

Back