Just an update!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola67

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just thought I would update you on my thread regarding my clients nails that "fell off". She came in today for her free set, having inspected them closely and wiping with scrubfresh I noticed there was quite a bit of trauma to the nail plate. I pointed this out to her and explained that it is highly unlikely that nail enhancements just fall off as the product I use is a keratin bonding product.............. anyway I asked her exactly what had happened when they fell off and she replied " dunno, a couple came off when I was doing the buttons up on my jeans and I lost one when I opened a can of coke, things like that really"
So there we have it the mystery of the falling nails solved!!!:green: I said to her that I would let her have this one FOC as customer goodwill, BUT what she does with them when she leaves the salon is not my responsibity, she MUST look after them and be aware that she has them on as that they are not indestructable. I told her in future if ANYTHING untoward happens come back and see me immediately.
Thanks again
linds xx

Hi there,

I just thought I would update you on my thread regarding my clients nails that "fell off". She came in today for her free set, having inspected them closely and wiping with scrubfresh I noticed there was quite a bit of trauma to the nail plate. I pointed this out to her and explained that it is highly unlikely that nail enhancements just fall off as the product I use is a keratin bonding product.............. anyway I asked her exactly what had happened when they fell off and she replied " dunno, a couple came off when I was doing the buttons up on my jeans and I lost one when I opened a can of coke, things like that really"
So there we have it the mystery of the falling nails solved!!!:green: I said to her that I would let her have this one FOC as customer goodwill, BUT what she does with them when she leaves the salon is not my responsibity, she MUST look after them and be aware that she has them on as that they are not indestructable. I told her in future if ANYTHING untoward happens come back and see me immediately.
Thanks again
linds xx

i think you dealt with that well.
you showed your generousity by replacing and yet showed your knowledge by making her realise that you knew what she'd been up to as well.
i think you were very generous to replace them, but it may pay off in the longrun if she returns and at least she'll have no excuse to badmouth you
you know you have the upper hand now :)

We always know that nail enhancements dont just fall off and you were right in your approach with this client. Just make sure that your client knows that nail enhancements need to be looked after and cant be used as tools.

You said that the salon owner offered the FOC replacements.
Did this money come out of her pocket or yours?!

I also think you did really well, as I would have been quite upset.

I would have charged her tbh! I'd feel like I was letting her get away with taking the piss out of me and making me look bad infront of the owner.

I might have given her a discount as a gesture of good will (I'm not a total bitch!)....... but FOC - No way! I think honesty should be rewarded..... she tried to make out you had done a bad job and got caught out!

So yeah - you did really well! Well done for acting so pro!

Maybe I could learn something from you!! Be more forgiving.

Well done hun ,
You did the right thing i think , as it was someone else who had already told this client she could have them FOC there wasnt much you could do really , but you stood your ground and showed your professionalism, and that she can't blag you ,
thats good,
she now knows not to try again hopefully, but be truthful in the first place xx
xxxxxx

You said that the salon owner offered the FOC replacements.
Did this money come out of her pocket or yours?!

I also think you did really well, as I would have been quite upset.

I would have charged her tbh! I'd feel like I was letting her get away with taking the piss out of me and making me look bad infront of the owner.
Yes, it was the salon owner who offered FOC, but she hadn't actually seen them. It's a long story but basically we have a new girl on reception who knows nothing about nails and when the client came in she said that they shouldn't be falling off like that and she should complain. The salon owner called her and offered FOC as goodwill, but I still get the 60%. Had it been a client of mine (mobile) I would've have asked her to come and see me so I could look at them BEFORE making any offers......
Also I must say I was very upset about it to start with, but just had to keep reminding myself that nails don't fall off and none of my other clients have had any complaints. Sometimes I do take it very personally when people say stuff about my nails, but I try and look at it constructively, unless they're being ridiculous of course!!!:green:
XX

well done hun...i think you sorted this one out just right....everything you told her was spot on.

they ARE her responsibility once she leaves you, would she buy a plate..drop it and then take it back for a refund ???...or have her hair done, go out in the rain and then asked for it to be done again FOC...??

Well done you xx

You are very generous and so is the owner, offering them FOC sight unseen, AND THEN it turns out it was the client's error (as in most cases) and not that of your technique,nor the product.

I probably - knowing myself as I do - would have called the owner over to witness the inspection and the conversation. She also needs to be aware that clients have to take responsibility etc.

All in all, you handled it very well!

:hug:

Thank you for all your comments. :Love:
xx

Latest posts

Back