Just as I thought things were getting better.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
Just had a client ring me to say that all her nails are lifting after I put a new set on her last Friday. She is not happy with them and wants me to look at them on Thursday.
I know I've got to be strong and not let her walk all over me but I'm not looking forward to Thursday.
Gutted now cos I was just starting to be reasonably busy and a steady flow of clients.
I have got a 1-2-1 booked next week tho so guess I'll just have to try and keep my client happy and learn from the experience.
Any other thoughts geeklins ???? :cry:

Debsidoo99 said:
Just had a client ring me to say that all her nails are lifting after I put a new set on her last Friday. She is not happy with them and wants me to look at them on Thursday.
I know I've got to be strong and not let her walk all over me but I'm not looking forward to Thursday.
Gutted now cos I was just starting to be reasonably busy and a steady flow of clients.
I have got a 1-2-1 booked next week tho so guess I'll just have to try and keep my client happy and learn from the experience.
Any other thoughts geeklins ???? :cry:
Chin up Debs - this is only one client out of how many? I am sure you will get to the bottom of the lifting, mine is generally through my ratio being to wet, but I will survive and I too am trying to book a one2one with Tracey (lilys contact) for this Saturday to try and nail my teething problems before - do you want to be my model to see what you could pick up from mine?

It might help even if it is on a differing L&P system - let me know wot you think...

Oh, thanks hon, that's so nice of you. Only trouble I've got is that I'm fully booked with clients for this sat other wise I'd love to be your model.
I think you r right re: my mix ratio.
She had really small nail beds and she was also a nail biter.
No idea what I'm gonna say to her.
Not sure I'll be able to make meeting next wed either........ all depends on England Match this Thurs. If we win England play on 30th !!! If we lose on Thurs, I'll be there !

Hi

You say she's a nail biter and short nail beds. I always recommend my nail biters to come once per week for the first few weeks expecially as they are likely to pick causing lifting to start, they never tend to admit it but they do usually pick until they get used to having nails. I also use a smaller brush for small nail bed clients which helps me to reduce my bead size. I ensure my nail biting clients get a copy of my helps/tips for their new enhancements and tend now not to get clients saying oh this one just lifted within a few days,they tend to admit they've picked or bitten away atthe free edge etc. Sound confident end explain that lifting can happen with nail biters and the reasons why. Good luck for Thursday but you'll be fine.
Jenny

Debsidoo99 said:
Oh, thanks hon, that's so nice of you. Only trouble I've got is that I'm fully booked with clients for this sat other wise I'd love to be your model.
I think you r right re: my mix ratio.
She had really small nail beds and she was also a nail biter.
No idea what I'm gonna say to her.
Not sure I'll be able to make meeting next wed either........ all depends on England Match this Thurs. If we win England play on 30th !!! If we lose on Thurs, I'll be there !
Hi there: i read through this thread and when i got to this one something jumped out at me. You are fully booked with clients on Saturday. You must be doing something right love!

Hey Debsidoo,

Believe me you are not alone in this. I experienced this a month or so back. Everything was going great, clients happy, then just to throw a spanner in the works one of my clients suddenly experienced really bad lifting and losing at least 3 nails. This seemed to happen all of a sudden. Through process of elimination i found it was the primer i was using. It was a primer pen and i didn't realise how much they could deteriorate over time, so when i then changed my primer, my problems were solved.

Juts goes to show you that something simple could be doing this, or it also could be that the client is just really giving her nails a battering and not looking after them. You really shouldn't worry, especially as Carole said, you have a full appointment book so you can't be doing alot wrong. Don't let the odd client get you down, chin up and keep doing what your doing.

Thank you for all your words of encouragement again geeklins !!! V much appreciated.
I know this particular client used to be a pub landlady so she's not afraid to be confrontational etc etc. Like you all say, she had v small nail beds and was / is a nail biter. She prob picks with out realising it.
I am good at nails - I guess the occassional set aren't going to be as good as I would hope for BUT that doesn't mean she is right either.
I will check her nails out on Thursday and let you know the outcome !!!
Thanks again.
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back