Just booked my waxing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraj

Reaction score
I've booked my waxing course for 9th January and it includes a full kit to get me started but what else will I need to buy?

Obviously I need a couch, I've seen a nice pink one. But will I need to get anything else?

How much practice will I need after the course before I can do the public? I do nails and tanning, nails took month of practice but tanning was literally a couple of tans.

Thanks in advance x

I've booked my waxing course for 9th January and it includes a full kit to get me started but what else will I need to buy?

Obviously I need a couch, I've seen a nice pink one. But will I need to get anything else?

How much practice will I need after the course before I can do the public? I do nails and tanning, nails took month of practice but tanning was literally a couple of tans.

Thanks in advance x

ooo which pink couch are you looking at? i need a new one and i really want a pink one but they're hard to find :rolleyes:

also when you say full kit does it state whats in it? what kind of waxing course is it... warm, hot, roller? sorry for the million questions but then we can help you more :D

There will be certain things missing from your kit that you will need. As the previous poster says, the easiest thing is to find out what your kit DOES include and then we can tell you what you need to top up if that makes sense.

Are you doing hot wax training or just strip waxing?
Do you have control over what waxes you will be using in your room?
I use berins and love it.

Gloves, I find nitrile the best
cotton pads for cleansing
jasmine pre-wax oil
extra sticks - double dipping will soon be a thing of the past and you are in a great position to start straight away without bad habits to break
I know some folk don't use the smaller spats for facial waxing, preferring to break a large one in half but after I got a splinter through my glove, I now buy smaller spats for facial waxing
a really good solvent for cleaning (see berins above, it literally just dissolves any spills on the floor)
vaseline for brow precision
aftercare products
couch roll
good tweezers
eyebrow brush
small sharp scissors for brow trimming
barbicide and jar
larger scissors and comb for trimming pubic hair
clippers if you're doing intimate waxing
7 day timers for your pots
a good lamp
towels
hairbands
hand mirror

how's that as a start?

Most trainers will give you a manual which often includes a good list of what you need and also whilst training you will get a better feel for the products and tools and see what works best for you...

Good luck with your training.

Jack

Brilliant thanks. I'm doing strip waxing, I'll be doing bikini line waxing but not proper intimate waxing. She didn't give me a list of what I will get in my kit so I may just have to wait and see. I've got gloves from doing tanning and a few of the other bit I need which is good. I think I'll get the couch before and then wait until my course and get anything else I need on the day.

Looking forward to it, bit nervous of doing the bikini wax but other than that I'm excited. I've got a couple of models sorted but I need someone that needs facial waxing, how do I find someone for that bit without offending anyone lol

I've just won a beauty couch of ebay its bright pink and I got it for £50 which I think is great can't wait to pick it up now :)

Lol, oh dear, I can see it being a bit tricky to round up models for the facial waxing...

"Hi, I need to practise waxing, are you terribly fond of your lip hair or can I wax it for you?"
*resounding smack*

Perhaps mention to the models you already have that you need to wax a variety of areas, would they mind if you did other areas?
Or mention that they have just one or two little dark hairs, would they like you to whip them away while they are with you?
OR straight out- these are the areas I need to perfect my techniques on, which can I do on you?

Good luck with it hon!

Sarah x

I would recommend that you go for a decent couch, don't be swayed by colour or a bargain. Do your research and get one that you are happy with and that will adjust to the height you want easily and that is comfortable for the client, I like to see and feel what I am buying when it is something like that.

I got mine from Capital hair and beauty and it is excellent. Buying off ebay can be froiught with dangers, been there, got the t-shirt!

Money well spent now will be money saved in the future as it is something you could last you years and for lots more than just waxing.

Well I've bought it now but I will proberbly get another in the future but this one will be alright for now it looks really nice and folds up for mobile work.

I can't wait, I do have a lady who come in the salon for hair who always tells me I'm neglecting he whiskers by not doing waxing so maybe she will help. Just have to hope she mentions it this week lol x

I'm on my 3rd couch!!! :D I told you I had the t-shirt!! Hopefully yours will be fine.

Good luck with the course, and may you get plenty of clients.

Thanks I hope I like it because its not one that I was certain off like I was when I first trained in nails but I felt like this about tanning and I love that x

Latest posts

Back