Just Can't remove NSI!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had a new client in today with one hand of NSI gels. The right hand was completely clean of gel as all of her enhancements had come clean off. I buffed and then soaked her other hand but these babies were not shifting. I repeated further buffing and soaking. In desperation I called the salon she had been to and they said that the product was NSI. I ended up having to send her back to the salon as I was unable to remove the product, I wish I hadn't even tried, on the one finger I uncovered it was red raw from their over filling.

Just wondered if any one uses this product, does it need a particular acetone to help shift it off?

Kind Regards

thenaillounge said:
Hi guys,

Had a new client in today with one hand of NSI gels. The right hand was completely clean of gel as all of her enhancements had come clean off. I buffed and then soaked her other hand but these babies were not shifting. I repeated further buffing and soaking. In desperation I called the salon she had been to and they said that the product was NSI. I ended up having to send her back to the salon as I was unable to remove the product, I wish I hadn't even tried, on the one finger I uncovered it was red raw from their over filling.

Just wondered if any one uses this product, does it need a particular acetone to help shift it off?

Kind Regards

Hi Gina,

I've never used NSI gels before but the gels I did use were an absolute nightmare to remove as they just don't soak off (I'm aware some do but not the ones I was using), I ended up filing for England which is one of the reasons I moved onto L&P!

J x

Hi Gina,

I believe I"m right in saying that NSI gels are not soak-off-able. You have to file them down until just a fine layer is left and then let the gel grow out.

Regards,

Karen

Cant speak for all NSI gels, but i use NSI balance gel and it definately doesnt soak off, its buff off only.

All strong gels are buff off only.

Only the gels that are not as strong can be removed with acetone removers.

That's just the way it is!

Curious as to why one hand would have mysteriously come off and the other hand not??? Any ideas why this would be??? :rolleyes:

How strange! Maybe 2 completely different nail technicains worked on her? In the same salon? Or maybe the client herself picked one hand clean off all by herself.

I've been in this business way too long!

Personally I'm a bit concerned about this salon filing the natural nail untl red raw. I did l&p with NSI, the trainer never said to file the natural nail in that way. She said to remove shine, as I was told previously. I wonder if these techs were trained by NSI? I doubt it, if this is what they did!

Yep NSi is definatly a buff off type Gel. Easy to buff though. i use NSI L&p and Gel and dont have any probs removing either.

I use NSI L&P and gel.
Gel has peeled off me a couple of times (strange)... but I think that was me not doing it properly. (Inadequate prep and getting gel on my cuticles!!)
I have a lot of practise to do with gels!!LOL. not my strong point.

I do like the NSI range. Especially L&P. Have not had any problems.
I use Simplicite .

Sam XX

Hi there

Ring NSI and ask them, doesn't sound right to me.

Deb379

NSI gels are fab but anyone can buy them...

thenaillounge said:
Hi guys,

Kind Regards

Hi,
Sounds to me she could have had another system underneath the Gel.

I use NSI balance Gel and its brill - it is easy to buff down and when I am taking off a set then I soak and buff, soak and buff etc., and the nails are fine underneath, does not take that long either. I suppose also it can take longer if the client has several layers of Gel on and if a rebalance or infills have been done then they were not buffed down enough?

I love the feel of NSI balance Gel too!

Lynn :cool:

Hey every1

I agree with you Lynn NSI Gel is brill, have never had any problems with removing, i buff down to the final layer which doesn't take long at all and then soak off for about 20 mins. They can defo be soaked off. I think it was just a case of one hand being done better than the other, maybe the hand where they all fell off was done last and the tech had lost interest or was getting towards the end of her day! Shame if that is the case.

Latest posts

Back