Just curious..P/W manis...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKnOki

Reaction score
How many of you are currently doing or considering doing P/W toe enhancements..? I currently offer this in gel and though it takes a lil getting used to (forms on big toes...etc) I find my clients love the look and it really lasts a whole lot longer than I thought they would...

I've been thinking about this for a while esp now the summer is coming in but I have absolutely no idea how to go about it so if anyone has any tips.......

sawasdee ka

I have acrylic on my toes but we use tips i like too much acrylic on toes .

Mui from Thailand

Hi

In the summer we do lots of gel manicures on toes, colours and french using biosculpture. Havnt had any requests for extending them though, chopping them down maybe they grow soooooooo fast.

Hi Ive never answered a thread before so bear with me If I get this wrong. Ive throughly enjoyed looked through everybodys questions and answers I think this site is great for information. I only do acrylic sculptured toe nails I use creatives retention + and it lasts approx 4-5 weeks on the nail bed. It looks great in summer time with sandles. Most of my clients wear them all the year round.

BKnOki said:
How many of you are currently doing or considering doing P/W toe enhancements..? I currently offer this in gel and though it takes a lil getting used to (forms on big toes...etc) I find my clients love the look and it really lasts a whole lot longer than I thought they would...

I am a L&P girl but have just bought the brisa kit and am doing mmy trainin in May and after that i will offer P&W brisa gel toe enhancements

In the summer, nearly half my work is toes. I do not extend them though (maybe the odd single toe nail repair to make them all equal) - all the work is gel colours or gel french.

I use IBD colours currently because it is very easy to get hold of and it stands up to the job with no problems. It is substantially cheaper than some of the other colour gels about too.

You can mix colours in the range to get a special colour (charge client extra) and you can add glitters and other effects.

We often add rhinestones or 3D nail art. I sometimes throw this in for free at the start of a season because my clients show them to people and it brings in more business.

My biggest tip for this service is to use a good cuticle remover product in your prep routine - my personal favourite is from creative.

With regards to gel toes, do you do a rebalance or a removal whan the time comes? For gels that don't soak off, how do you remove them? :confused:

don't think there would be any need to remove, ask your client to revisit after 4 weeks for a pedicure, file down length, buff growth area around the cuticle and polish, continue to do so throughout the summer, you may find your client has a monthly pedicure for evermore!!!!

does anybody have any pictures by any chance?

I would love to do toes but i want to do l&p and extend i think doing that u just need plenty of practice. I have bben told that u just ue white tips then acrylic no need to rebalance is thi right

sequinto said:
I would love to do toes but i want to do l&p and extend i think doing that u just need plenty of practice. I have bben told that u just ue white tips then acrylic no need to rebalance is thi right

If you're doing a service on toes, then of course you have to rebalance :rolleyes: As long as the toesnails are growing they need to be maintained!

My personal preferance is to have a french manicure painted on the overlay on my toenails (well my big toenails have an overlay).

The enamel will last for 5 weeks on my toenails so why bother with all the french rebalancing? My toenails grow very fast and it would be an every-time job!

I have a SpaPedicure every 4 weeks, and we rebalance the big toenails at this appointment.

I've done l&p pink&white extensions on my own toe nails this summer for the first time, and I'm getting so many comments about them,i now offer this service to my clients.

I use a form under any nails that need extending,but don't take them too long,cos you'll just end up catching them all the time...mine are just a say over the edge of my toes, and they last about 5 or 6 weeks before they need a rebalance

ella said:
In the summer, nearly half my work is toes. I do not extend them though (maybe the odd single toe nail repair to make them all equal) - all the work is gel colours or gel french.

I use IBD colours currently because it is very easy to get hold of and it stands up to the job with no problems. It is substantially cheaper than some of the other colour gels about too.

You can mix colours in the range to get a special colour (charge client extra) and you can add glitters and other effects.

We often add rhinestones or 3D nail art. I sometimes throw this in for free at the start of a season because my clients show them to people and it brings in more business.

My biggest tip for this service is to use a good cuticle remover product in your prep routine - my personal favourite is from creative.
If you use rhinestones etc in the gel, which I know is very popular then this must be difficult if not impossible to rebalance because the stones get in the way. However if it lasts 6 weeks then presumably removal at this point is the answer, and I still would love to know how you remove all this if you cannot soak off? I currently only use soak off but am interested in others experiences with the non soak off, which I understand have more colour stability than the soak off gel?

thanks

if i think they need removing,i wrap cotton wool round each toe,soaked in tip remover, or i file all the old acrylic away, and start again.Toes seem to need a lot less l&p than fingers,so it's dead quick to do!

Do-it-all Deb said:
If you use rhinestones etc in the gel, which I know is very popular then this must be difficult if not impossible to rebalance because the stones get in the way. However if it lasts 6 weeks then presumably removal at this point is the answer, and I still would love to know how you remove all this if you cannot soak off? I currently only use soak off but am interested in others experiences with the non soak off, which I understand have more colour stability than the soak off gel?

thanks

I have not offered this as a service to anyone yet, I thought I would do this on myself first. I used Gel and put the rhinestones on the toe nails on the first layer of gel, so when you come to do your rebalance, you just file as gently as possible over the stones and make sure you have filed the rest of the Gel down as low as possible and then just Gel over (after preperation, of course!) ;)
Then I just airbrush the white tip on the ends of my toe nails. It looks very thin and a lot quicker to dry! and looks fab!! :biggrin: I have had loads of coments about them and they can be left for weeks too!!! I will try the fabric system next. I have been spying some of my clients toe nails and some of them are very small. So the Fabric# could be a better option for them and then there would be no need to cure on the floor!!!!

Good Luck!

Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back