Just done spray tan - client getting highlights later!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
Hi!
Just wondering how you would have tackled this. I've just done a spray tan on a new client & at the end when i was discussing aftercare she mentioned that she was getting highlights in her hair later. I advised that she should wait until at least after she's washed off her tan & that she may need to use self-tan or bronzer to fill in any bits close to her hairline. Would you have said anything different????

Not a lot you can do really if she chooses to have them done - at least you have explained that it could result in her tan getting washed from her hairline. It depends how long was between her tan and her hair appt.

Just make a note on her consultation sheet that she only told you this after the tan and the advise that you gave her.

xx

I have also been in this situation.
I honestly worry about some people.

Just as I was finishing her tan she told me she was off to the hairdressers for a cut & blow dry. I pointed out she would get her hairline wet and possibly back of her neck.
She looked horrified but there was nothing I could do.

I just pointed out that if there was any colour loss to add on some make up. The following day she paid me to touch up her hairline. She didn't do that again lol xx

Hi!
Just wondering how you would have tackled this. I've just done a spray tan on a new client & at the end when i was discussing aftercare she mentioned that she was getting highlights in her hair later. I advised that she should wait until at least after she's washed off her tan & that she may need to use self-tan or bronzer to fill in any bits close to her hairline. Would you have said anything different????

Not really much more you could have done in this case.
As also sugested make a note on her consultation card :wink2:

Thanks guys, hadn't thought about annotating her card, i'll do that now. Fluffydreams - I haven't had to touch up yet & was not taught how to - out of interest, do you spray or use self tan??

Latest posts

Back