just finished my VTCT course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliejugs

Reaction score
hi all

ive just fini9shed my VTCT course and passed. i have been looking at some of your pics and was just wondering how you get the glitter on the nail tips ?

is it with acrylic or gel?

anyone got any step by step instructions?

we wasn't taught how to do this on my course but i want to learn different methods

any help greatly appreciated

julie
x

Well you either buy colours with the glitter already added (which is the expensive way to do it) OR you add it yourself to what ever you are using.

If I use it (which I really don't apart from examples to show) I make a bead of L&P and then dip the bead into the glitter and apply as usual. It's pretty simple really.
You can also mix a little into your clear gel or coloured gel.

Remember to have a separate brush for this or you may see glitter whee you do not want to see it.

Hi Julie

I teach VTCT in a local college and glitter orcolours are not part of the curriculum althought i wish it was (well mayby one day in my dreams).

I would mix as gigi already say only thing i would add is i do prefer to sculpt with my coulours and glitters as the coulour/glitter is more vibrent.

Hope this is of help and congrats on passing
Luv T:green:

that depends if it is level 2 or 3 you are teaching and whether or not its NVQ ( which is awarded by VTCT and City and guilds) level 2 is usually manicure, pedicure and one system.. if it was acrylic i apply glitter/colours in the same way but its just sooo much fun to experiment and play with them- so have a blast!!!!

Latest posts

Back