Just had my hair highlighted!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Well yesterday I had my hair done, I was nervous and not too sure about it after, but everyone I've seen says it looks great.
I was so dark before and had bleach highlights and magma, although the magma didnt lift as much as we would have liked (i had previous colour on) it actually has come out nice and two toned, kinda like blond bits and coppery bits. My hairdresser did a good job and it took a while because of the colour still in my hair.
Anyway i could chat forever but my main question is, as I now have bleach in my hair any recommendations of a colour shampoo to keep my blond bright? (I forgot to ask my hairdresser, she works from home and doesnt retail anything herself and she knows I am a hairdresser so she prob thought Id know what to get)
I am a hairdresser but I cant say I personally have ever used any of these shampoos as I have always had dark hair for quite a few years. Recommendations either professional (as I have access to wholesalers) or retail such as boots, many thanks Paulette

Well yesterday I had my hair done, I was nervous and not too sure aboutt it after, but everyone ive seen says it looks great.
I was so dark before and had bleach highlights and magma, although the magma didnt lift as much as we would have liked (i had previous colour on) it actually has come out nice and two toned, kinda like blond bits and coppery bits. My hairdresser did a good job and it took a while because of the colour still in my hair.
Anyway i could chat forever but my main question is, as I now have bleach in my hair any recommendations of a colour shampoo to keep my blond bright? (I forgot to ask my hairdresser, she works from home and doesnt retail anything herself and she knows I am a hairdresser so she prob thought Id know what to get)
I am a hairdresser but I cant say I personally have ever used any of these shampoos as I have always had dark hair for quite a few years. Recommendations either professional (as I have access to wholesalers) or retail such as boots, many thanks Paulette

LOL so what have you been using for hair care products?:eek: Or do I really want to know?

Any type of shampoo and conditioner that is specially for color Treated hair. If you have oily hair, do not use something that is a "deep" conditioning.
Joico, Pureology, Loma, Redken are all nice products with color line shampoos.

I will have to say, I am impressed!! You look totally FAB! congrats on the New You. Would hardly recognize you.:lol:

Paulette your hair looks really lovely. It suits you.

I can't help you though with the shampoo. I am going to the wholesalers within the next few days so I will have a look and see if I can see anything suitable for you.

:hug: :hug: xx

LOL so what have you been using for hair care products?:eek: Or do I really want to know?

Any type of shampoo and conditioner that is specially for color Treated hair. If you have oily hair, do not use something that is a "deep" conditioning.
Joico, Pureology, Loma, Redken are all nice products with color line shampoos.

I will have to say, I am impressed!! You look totally FAB! congrats on the New You. Would hardly recognize you.:lol:

Thx for nice comments, well i have loads of good shampoos and conditioners but did wonder about getting something specifically for "blondes" you know these shampoos which help keep the blonde bright. do you know of any specific ones?

Personally, I wouldn't worry about that too much unless you start getting a really warm (brassy) look to the hair.
By the looks of your pic, it looks as though you have a lot of nice warmth already in there.
The look if fantastic with your complexion and eyes.

Just wanted to say...........I Love It:hug: this is a very good look for you:hug:

you can do a clarifying treatment once a week (which is good for any hair type to refresh the hair of styling products, environmental elements etc.) and you can use a violet based shampoo and/or conditioner alternatively with your daily shampoo/conditioner.

Latest posts

Back