just had to share this with you all...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek:I am shocked utterly. Thats terrible can you imagine if she actualy done ur nails she could have ruined them!:mad:

Some people ay, if she wanted to do nails that much she should have taken a course xxx

Many have both training and insurance and still create nails that look nothing like nails, don't follow even basic hygiene procedures, prep etc and mix and match with whatever they can get from the wholesalers.

It's a lot more widespread than you probably imagine, I see it at least once a month......not talking about traditional NSS here.....not everyone's a Geek and yet the public accept it, until that is they go to a professional technician and see the difference for themselves.

A new client of mine used to live in wales and was trying to explain to me what type of nails she had had before, I didnt really understand what she meant. Anyway she had a set of pink and white gels done by me on the sat before christmas and went to wales for the holiday. She caught her thumb in the car door and snapped it off and went to a salon in wales and got it fixed.
When she came to me on Sat for her infils she told me what had happened and I couldnt believe my eyes. The salons version of enhancements is a complete full coverage stick on nail like you buy at the chemist or supemarket, they even had the cheek to charge her £5 for this one nail. She says that they dont know any better where she comes from.
How do salons get away with this?
Jen
LMAO!!!

This sounds as though Wales is the place to go for utterly terrible nails! I know thats not what you meant, just sounded funny thats all!!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

yei now hayls is doing my nails ^^^^^^^^^ wooohoooo, thanku 2 whoeva it was suggested looking on here 4 geeks in my area. :hug: :D

LMAO!!!

This sounds as though Wales is the place to go for utterly terrible nails! I know thats not what you meant, just sounded funny thats all!!

xxxxxxxx:hug:

No no no! We will change the perception of nails in wales! :lol:

Although, I must admit, having just moved here I've come across some horror stories already. You wouldn't believe the set of white tips I saw the other day....at least av2 mm gap between them and the natural nail underneath.The tech had just stuck white tips on top of quite long natural nails without taking them down or any free edge shaping, she must have used at least half a bottle of adhesive on each nail, there was that much, and there was so much muck down there you could grow potatoes in it!

I questioned why she had tips put on as she didn't need her length extending, and the tech had told the client that was the only professional method of permanent french!:eek:

Laura, you're a nailgeek hun...can't you do you own? I'm sure you can do a better job than any Rio tech and its good practise. I'd help if i was closer (I'm up on the Llyn) but its still a long way.

yei now hayls is doing my nails ^^^^^^^^^ wooohoooo, thanku 2 whoeva it was suggested looking on here 4 geeks in my area. :hug: :D

Great to see a happy ending!!:hug:

Yerp shes on her way down to me!!!! Look out!!!!
:hug:

Aww fab....wish I could come and play too!

Latest posts

Back