Just moved to Ireland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chatabox

Reaction score
Hi
Ive not been on for a while as i moved from dorset in the uk to ireland,
Im now in a town called portlaoise in county laois ,is there anyone out there who is based nearby,
im at the moment checking out the price differences here. going from the pound to the \euro is not as easy as i thought it would be.
Im exited at the new oportunity that comes with the move .
Has anyone else out there moved to ireland and started up a nail business.
id love to hear from you.i feel like a bit of a fish out of water as ive no friends or family here... does anyone know about the best place for buying products and all things nails here in ireland.
i look forward to hearing from anyone with advice.
chata

Hi Chata,

Welcome to Ireland! :)

I'm originally from the UK, moved to Dublin just over 4 years ago now.

The only place I know to get supplies from are in Dublin, and I think you're probably around 90 or so minutes away.

You'll soon get used to the Euro, but prices here are more expensive and VAT at 21% doesn't help matters! :irked: The nail industry here is a bit behind the UK (IMHO) but it's catching up slowly. There's a Professional Beauty Show at the RDS here in Dublin every October and an IBPA Show in April so they are usually worht paying a visit to, although do make sure you book your free ticket in advance or you'll be charged 20.00 Euro on the door.

Feel free to PM me if I can help you 'settle in' at all, I'll do what I can to help.

Jackie
Airbrushed Nails and Tanning Dublin with Liberty Nail Design

Hi and thanks for your reply,
so its dublin i need to visit, do they have a web page etc.
im sure il get used to things just the normal teathing stuff.
il let you know if i need any info i think you can help with
thanks again
chata

I'll PM you my email address so you can give me a shout if you need to.

Who did you train with in the UK? We have distributors here for Ez Flow, NSI, CND, Young Nails and Star Nails, all in Dublin. There's also Salon Services which isn't far from the Red Cow Roundabout (just off the M50) and there's also a place called Flair but I've not been there.

You'll soon get used to the place, beware the traffic in Dublin - it's horrendous!!

Jackie
x

Latest posts

Back