just need to moan guys , sorry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
sorry guys , so fed up , just need to get it off my chest lol:) firstly i banged my head on corner of very pointy shelf today, so have massive huge bloody bruise on my forehead, i feel sick , dizzy and like im gonna burst into tears pmsl, thankfully its under my hair so will be able to hide it tomorrow

secondly had ashleighs party yesterday , cost us a fortune ffs, and then found out my sis in law has been going to salon by hers to have her nails done (mani french polish etc) whats wrong with me? humphhhhh lol

but thirdly and this is the one thats getting the me the most, i think im gonna have to give up nails, and just when the new method was being introduced and i was gonna go on my creative ocurse too!!! yet again my nails have crumbled, disintergrated, peeled, flaked, lifted anything you can think off theyve done it, and ive tried so hard over last 9 months to get them just ok, well they are now worse that last time, so thin, if i put my hand on table or surface to put solar oil on them, they are blood red cos nails are so thin, theyve not been filed or anything so they are not red from that, its so hard to explain, its like they have actually wasted away or disintergrated!! i think i'm allergic to something, and i have a feeling its either monomer or acteone? what can i do? im so embarrased to do my clients manicures with nails like this, luckily most of them ive already explained why they dont look their best, but theyve been getting better for months, but i havent touched enhancements (only 1 set in last 3 months) did a set last week and my nails are completley ruined, and also my skin is dry, flaky, rough hrd etc all round fingertips and nails, it has to be allergic reaction surley?

so think im gonna have to forget about doing extension course, i think i will hve to do waxing, facials etc instead, as i dont have any probs doing mani/pedi etc and im doing ok just doing that at the mo, but loads asking me about waxing and facial products or mybe tanning i could do?

im soooooo fed up, just thought i ws getting somewhere and bam....... grrrr story if my bloody life:rolleyes:

sorry just needed to rant, hubby dosent get it, so dosent understand why i'm so upset.:cry::cry:

Before you give up, if you do have an allergy, there are some things you can try.Have you been wearing gloves.You could also try a different system.
You may never be able to wear enhancements yourself but you may still be able to carry on working.

Oh... I feel so badly for you, Nicky. And that damn pointy shelf on top of it all.:mad: And your SIL!!!:mad::mad:I don't know if you've consulted a dr. at all, but I hope you get some answers. It sounds very painful. It would be horrible to give up nails when there might be something that can be done. Sorry you're having such a rough go of it.:hug:

:hug::hug::hug:

If you feel sick after a head injury you should get it checked out. xxx

Oh... I feel so badly for you, Nicky. And that damn pointy shelf on top of it all.:mad: And your SIL!!!:mad::mad:I don't know if you've consulted a dr. at all, but I hope you get some answers. It sounds very painful. It would be horrible to give up nails when there might be something that can be done. Sorry you're having such a rough go of it.:hug:
tried dr route first time round, he treated me like what as the problem, they looked awful but would grow back type of attitude, finally got the tests done and he said i needed high doses of iron, zinc and other minerals and vitamins, putting back in my diet cos id been on severe hospital diet, so i thought this was it, but it obviously isnt, and i hate going back, as he makes me feel like hypercondriac(sp) grrrrr thanks for comments hunny xxxx

Before you give up, if you do have an allergy, there are some things you can try.Have you been wearing gloves.You could also try a different system.
You may never be able to wear enhancements yourself but you may still be able to carry on working.

might be worth trying gel maybe? but so much expensive setting up with new kit etc? so would have to think carefully, as for wearing gloves i struggle as im allergic to so many things, the rubbery ones give me hives and plastic ones make my hands so sweaty i dont think id be able to work properly? might be worth a go though, thanks hun, once i feel better , i might try doing a friend and wearing them,

the more i think about it , the more i think its acetone, i harldy use any monomer and ive never spilt it or anything, whereas ive soaked fingers in acetone, and use lots when soaking off etc, dso would make sense that its that? maybe i could just wear gloves when using acetone, but so crap that i wont be able to wear them myself, i've never been able to wear gel as whenever i had them done they absolutley kill, the pain is unbearable when under the lamp, and nail techs have always told me its cos my nails are so thin? but might be worth a try?

thanks for comments girls,

off to do tea now, even though i feel sore and dizzy, hubbys watching stupid footy lol
xxxxx

Yeah i would try gloves as well...

Not only will it protect you hands if you are allergic to anything it will hide your nails if you are bothered about any one seeing them!!

I have some pink gloves, they are class! I get them in a smaller size so they are tight to my fingers and its as if they are not on, they dont make me sweat! I wear them when i do feet, i cant touch feet unless i have them on. strange i know!

x

have you tried the tin foil method of soaking off hun for your clients ? you should hardly have to touch it , hth
:hug: hope you feel better soon too xxx

:hug: hugs hunny you sound like you need them, and maybe you should get that head checked if you are still feeling sick:hug::hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nicky you poor old thing!

You must be sooo cross about your SIL. She needs a slap for a start.:smack:

Get your head checked please if you still feel sick now. Bet it hurts like hell, sorry you've got that to put up with as well.

Such a shame about your nails Nicky. It does sound like a reaction doesn't it. Have you tried Calgel/BioSculpture or other soak-off gel cos they are more flexible on a thin nail? Might be worth a shot? Also if you keep your nails really short they wouldn't have to build very much of an apex, thus meaning thinner product, therefore not so much stinging . . . I have a couple of clients who sting like mad under the lamp but I just apply more, but thinner, coats to build hth xx

hun , it could be over exposure to
monomer
acetone
and even resin/adhesive.

i would stop wearing any form off enhancement for the time being.
i havent seen any pics but it also could be psoriasis
symptoms can show themselves as oncholysis, nail plate crumbling,pitting, salmon patch this is a yellow red discoloration in the nail bed...looks like a drop of oil is the way to describe it, do you suffer with it on your skin nikki if you do it may be this if not then its unusual to have psoriasis of the nail if you dont have any other signs anywhere else, if you can get back to see another g.p as tar ointments you can use in the bath you can dilute and use in a hand bath..
if it isnt then it is most likely over exposure symptoms are itchyness on the area puffy red inflamation and irritation.
I would stop handling anything which could be contributing and after your nails start to recover you can then introduce a thing at a time to see which is causing the irritation, then when you find out you must then not come into contact with it anless taking precaustions....if it is resin.....then you can wear sculpts etc......

dont you dare give up hun....we need you..... your great at your comments on threads...sis in law can go somewhere else your far too good for her!!!!! everyone has given you advice so i wont add to that just to say your having crap few days and it will get better hun....ow yes.....if your head is still bad seek medical advice please......have a glass of wine,get a massage and early night tomorrow will look better xxxx:hug:

I'd give the gloves a try hun..there's 2 types I think the nitrile ones may be better if you have an overexposure problem and have developed an allergy? Maybe someone can confirm this?
<b>Disposables & Sundries</b>
You may have onycholysis, check these links before you decide to throw the towel in mate x
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2642-onycholysis.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-saf...delines-avoid-overexposure-nail-products.html

think your right jude its the nitrile ones

hun , it could be over exposure to
monomer
acetone
and even resin/adhesive.

i would stop wearing any form off enhancement for the time being.
i havent seen any pics but it also could be psoriasis
symptoms can show themselves as oncholysis, nail plate crumbling,pitting, salmon patch this is a yellow red discoloration in the nail bed...looks like a drop of oil is the way to describe it, do you suffer with it on your skin nikki if you do it may be this if not then its unusual to have psoriasis of the nail if you dont have any other signs anywhere else, if you can get back to see another g.p as tar ointments you can use in the bath you can dilute and use in a hand bath..
if it isnt then it is most likely over exposure symptoms are itchyness on the area puffy red inflamation and irritation.
I would stop handling anything which could be contributing and after your nails start to recover you can then introduce a thing at a time to see which is causing the irritation, then when you find out you must then not come into contact with it anless taking precaustions....if it is resin.....then you can wear sculpts etc......
thank you so much Jo, will go see dr, i never thought about it being the resin/adeshive that would make sense too, thanks hunny, i dont suffer with skin probs, but will ask about the psoriasis, and the tar sounds good!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nicky you poor old thing!

You must be sooo cross about your SIL. She needs a slap for a start.:smack:

Get your head checked please if you still feel sick now. Bet it hurts like hell, sorry you've got that to put up with as well.

Such a shame about your nails Nicky. It does sound like a reaction doesn't it. Have you tried Calgel/BioSculpture or other soak-off gel cos they are more flexible on a thin nail? Might be worth a shot? Also if you keep your nails really short they wouldn't have to build very much of an apex, thus meaning thinner product, therefore not so much stinging . . . I have a couple of clients who sting like mad under the lamp but I just apply more, but thinner, coats to build hth xx
might try gel again once nails are bit better, thanks for advice hun xxxxx

:hug: hugs hunny you sound like you need them, and maybe you should get that head checked if you are still feeling sick:hug::hug:
feel much better now thanks hun xxxxx
dont you dare give up hun....we need you..... your great at your comments on threads...sis in law can go somewhere else your far too good for her!!!!! everyone has given you advice so i wont add to that just to say your having crap few days and it will get better hun....ow yes.....if your head is still bad seek medical advice please......have a glass of wine,get a massage and early night tomorrow will look better xxxx:hug:
awwww thank you hun, made me cry lol xxxxx

I'd give the gloves a try hun..there's 2 types I think the nitrile ones may be better if you have an overexposure problem and have developed an allergy? Maybe someone can confirm this?
<b>Disposables & Sundries</b>
You may have onycholysis, check these links before you decide to throw the towel in mate x
http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2642-onycholysis.html
http://www.salongeek.com/health-saf...delines-avoid-overexposure-nail-products.html
thanks judy interesting reading there, will try some gloves i think
xxxxx

just wanted to say thank you to everyone whose helped me by replying or pm'ing, i feel better cos its so nice to know people care lol

thanks guys, you lot are the best xxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back