Just qualified and need some advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl1990

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve just recently qualified to do gel polish and I currently have a shellac kit at home, however when I went into the wholesaler the other day the lady behind the counter recommended The Manicure Company. Their colours looked amazing and it’s only £xx.xx a bottle. Has anyone used this product and can give me some feedback please? Thank you

[moderator note: Trade prices removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Low quality gels tend to have a lot of unwanted problems such as yellowing, faster breakdown, improper curing, etc.

I wouldn't invest in Shellac right now because the new Shellac Luxe is coming out. The biggest factor to consider is this:

1. The gels must stay on for more than 1 week
2. The gels must come off easily.
3. The gels must come off in under 10 mins

Shellac Luxe promises to achieve all of those points and beyond. They say that it comes off in 60 seconds, which is revolutionary. So wait until July when it comes out.

Hi, I’ve just recently qualified to do gel polish and I currently have a shellac kit at home, however when I went into the wholesaler the other day the lady behind the counter recommended The Manicure Company. Their colours looked amazing and it’s only £xx.xx a bottle. Has anyone used this product and can give me some feedback please? Thank you

Have you searched for any other threads that are about The Manicure Company, I don't personally use them but have read good things - FYI not all lower priced professinal brands are lower quality and you may not necessarily get any issues. People still have issues with Shellac!

I use Cuccio Veneer which works out about £xx.xx a bottle and I find it brilliant, colours are fab and so is the longevity.
Could you purchase a couple and trial them against Shellac? That way you will know which works best for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you searched for any other threads that are about The Manicure Company, I don't personally use them but have read good things - FYI not all lower priced professinal brands are lower quality and you may not necessarily get any issues. People still have issues with Shellac!

I use Cuccio Veneer which works out about £xx.xx a bottle and I find it brilliant, colours are fab and so is the longevity.
Could you purchase a couple and trial them against Shellac? That way you will know which works best for you.

Yeah I have bought a colour to see how it lasts, I’ve used it on a friend and on myself to see how it works. There are so many it’s hard to know what is best to buy! Thank you for your advise though it’s such a hard decision to make!

Ive just been to capital beauty they are giving away trial sized gel polish kits of the manicure company where you get a colour, top coat and base coat. I got this and one colour. Ive just tried it out and they appear super pigminted i used 2 coats of barbie girl. It went on great. I just need to see how long it last. The brand is No1 in Ireland according to the sales girls and they all reccomened it. 1 of the sales girls had a colour on and it still looked superb after 6 days.

Im giving it a trial right now

Hey! Thanks for this! I’ve had a few issues with the colours I’ve bought so interested to see how long yours lasts and what the colours are like! I bought bubblegum and the colour is amazing and lasted me 2 and a half weeks before it started to wear, but then I used peach party on a friend and it was still see through after 3 coats! It’s frustrating coz the colours are so so amazing but a few of the colours I bought we’re still see through after 3 coats!

Oh really, was this with the nude colours?

Also what lamp are you using have you brought 1 from the manicure company?

And also capital beauty are doing a training course for the manicure company gel polishes. I was wanting to go on the course.

Not really no, peach party is quite a bright orangey colour and the other one I tried was Tiffany which is a aqua colour. Both exactly the same. I’ve just got a LED lamp I bought off amazon and works really well with shellac and bubblegum from TMC. I’ve also got some of the glitters and they are wonderful and work well with the lamp but these lighter colours just don’t seem to be covering well. Maybe it’s something I’m doing? Yeah I saw that they did it but I’ve just done my gel polish course and wasn’t sure if I would just be repeating what I’ve already learnt?

Have you been doing it long? Have you found any of this with the colours you’ve bought?

I’ve just posted on TMC Facebook customer forum and some of the ladies have said they put a whole coat underneath then the colour coat, I’m gonna try it and see how I like it! But it’s a good tip to know in case you find the same problem hun xx

Ive just recently qualified nvq2 nail tech. So im starting out too.

I only bought one colour barbie girl and got a nude colour with the trial kit.

I too have used a genric lamp. I got it on ali express an led lamp. If this lasts as long as 2 weeks ill be definetly buying into it.

What do you mean by putting a wholecoat under colour?

Hey! Have you tried Halo by pure nails? Really affordable and I have used it for the last year with no problems at all, I like it better than shellac.

Ive heard of so many is it like a shellac or is it more like a gel.

Latest posts

Back