Just qualified as a nail tech, now what?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopylisa7

Reaction score
So I passed my complete nail tech course (4 day course with home study)

So why do I feel like a duck out of water; I dont know how to get my business going, (I'm going to offer mobile and home based) and I feel mega deflated.

I work part time so my business needs to fit around that for the time being, I just feel like now the course is done, I dont know what to do to start up.

Help! :eek:

I just replied but deleted as I realised I misunderstood your post!
A 4 day short course is not enough to give you all you need to feel confident, its unrealistic to think you can start up a successful business with a very short beginning- most of us will continue to train throughout our career- its an ever changing industry so we have to..
But its a start, now you will need to practice- a lot.
Look to your training provider for further classes to compliment/ add to what you already have learnt- do they have ongoing support?
A good training provider will continue be there for support once you've left the classroom.
What services will you be offering? What does the market want and can you provide this competently? If not, practice/ learn and become competent.

Make use of Salongeek too, there are hundreds of threads on starting your business so you should have plenty to keep you in reading for a while.

Rome wasnt built in a day, and neither will your business be.
Slow and steady wins the race :wink2:

Have to agree with the above post. It is too short to expect a lot. However that does not mean you do not have a great talent lurking! A lot become disillusioned very quickly as they realise how much they don't know. Get some practise and get as much knowledge as you can.

So I passed my complete nail tech course (4 day course with home study)

So why do I feel like a duck out of water; I dont know how to get my business going, (I'm going to offer mobile and home based) and I feel mega deflated.

I work part time so my business needs to fit around that for the time being, I just feel like now the course is done, I dont know what to do to start up.

Help! :eek:

Have you done some practice sets on friends/family hun? And how have they been after a couple of weeks or so? You need to iron out any problem areas before you let yourself loose on the public (there may not be any of course!)

Practice practice practice :) charge friends and family enough to cover cost of products and when u feel comfortable get them to spread the word but that's when u will need to get insured x

Latest posts

Back