just qualified have i been shown the correct way? please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckyj1982

Reaction score
hi there ive just qualified in acrylic nail extensions and new to this site so not sure if im posting in the correct place so please dont hate me. anyhow i was shown to prep nail by removing cuticle then white block, then boomarang file over the top is that correct im fine with the rest of the application just that first stage of prep please any advice . becky:rolleyes:

It really depends on who you do your training with as to your prep procedure. Some teach dry prep, others use a cuticle removing product. I push back the eponichium, remove the non living tissue from the nail plate then lightly remove the shine from the nail using a soft file.

hi claireamy is the boomarang file after white block filing really needed? or did my tutor get it wrong just been watching bits on youtube prob not the best place to look when needing advice but never the less did and didnt see any strong files like that being used only the white block .

No, its not necessary to use 2 different files during prep. All you are doing is removing the shine. I trained with Creative and use the Koala Buffer which is double sided but use the 240 grit side.
The Boomerang is also double sided as 100/180 so is too higher grit to use on the natural nail.

thank you miss pink 23 i trained with the beauty academy and will be calling them first thing monday morning as i did think that it was wrong to be using that stronger file on the natural nail i can understand it being used on the acrylic to file down but not the natural nail. just so im clear white block file then tip application then acrylic . many thanks

Latest posts

Back