Just qualified, what next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marta1989

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I've just fully qualified as nail technician. I will probably start as mobile nail tech and work my way up. My question is, what do you think is better to get at the beginning clear acrylic powder and lots of UV gel polishes or try to get few coloured acrylics? What are your clients normally asking for?

I’m also just fully qualified and setting up a mobile business. I’ve found gel polish really popular, so for now I’m investing in gels but for those who want acrylic getting a basic system and using clear with gel polish colour.

I’m also just fully qualified and setting up a mobile business. I’ve found gel polish really popular, so for now I’m investing in gels but for those who want acrylic getting a basic system and using clear with gel polish colour.
What brand gel polish do you use if you don't mind me asking Sophii?

Currently I use Bluesky as that’s what I’ve used on myself for years and at the moment I only do treatments on friends and family, but I will be investing in Ink London when their lamp comes back in stock. There’s lots of posts on gel brands if you use the search button on here.

Also would you consider working in a salon to begin? It’s not for me as I work full time already but lots of professionals have recommended working in a salon first to build up experience before going alone, worth considering and that way you don’t have to spend money on products.

Currently I use Bluesky as that’s what I’ve used on myself for years and at the moment I only do treatments on friends and family, but I will be investing in Ink London when their lamp comes back in stock. There’s lots of posts on gel brands if you use the search button on here.

Also would you consider working in a salon to begin? It’s not for me as I work full time already but lots of professionals have recommended working in a salon first to build up experience before going alone, worth considering and that way you don’t have to spend money on products.
I also have full time job at the moment, I will be doing nails in my spare time.
I did look online for jobs in salons but you need at least 1 year of experience

Lots of gel polishes for sure as I have loads of clients that only have gel polish anyway so you will use them! Once you're getting some really good, long lasting acrylic sets then you can venture into the world of coloured acrylics, you'll be so much more confident!! You won't waste your money getting gel polish as it's so popular!

I eoyld also recommend using mostly clear acrylic and using gel polish for colour as you'll have to buy them anyway for natural nails.

I have mostly enhancement clients.

Latest posts

Back