Just started doing gel at college. I'm not sure if i will like it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
We've been doing gel for a couple of weeks and after acrylic I just find it sticky, slow and messy.

The smile line is easier to create but it is all the swirling around getting it in the right place and then waiting for it to settle. In the lamp, out the lamp, in the lamp, out the lamp.

At the moment I don't like it.

Give me acrylic any day.

What gel brand are you using?

we're using NSI balance.

I think after using acrylic and seeing results faster it has made it more dificult to adjust to a system that you can and have to take time to get right.

If it had been gel first it might have been different.

NSI balance gel is popular so it sounds as if it's the technique that's 'throwing' you a bit.

Give it time and it should all come together for you...
Mastering the different brush angle is hard and no different for gel techs who then go on to using L+P.

I started with L&P and then made the transition to gel....albeit fairly quickly.

I found myself overworking the gel to start with.....use the self levelling properties to your advantage, just teasing it into place as oppsed to 'patting and stroking' it like you would with L&P.

Now I do 90% gel....love it, and find it much easier than L&P.....mix ratio is always right, much less buffing etc

Latest posts

Back