just started doing gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi, iv just been using gels for a short time ,id done a clients nails about 5 weeks ago shes a really bad nailbiter and had french white tips applyed im still working on my sculpts so thats why i used them she was quite happy with that anyway this time i suggested that she maybe have a natural tip overlay and with gel she says yes thats fine but she still wanted a french finish,i did the natural tip done all the prep and blending and then applyed the french and did a blush gel for the overlay but as i finshed i notice there was just not one smile line where i applyed the french gel but 2 as where i blended in the natural nail tip :irked: i thought i blended in enough as shes has very little nails anyway but it just didnt look right ,should i have just done a colour gel overlay instead of a french or is there something iv done wrong:irked:.

If I've interpreted this correctly, you blended the tips ok, but could see the difference between the pink colour of her (small) nail bed, and the colour of the natural tip which you had applied, which came lower down than where you wanted to apply the smile.

If I'm on the right lines, you really need to use a camouflage gel to mask the join between the nail bed and the tip to give a perfect pink nailbed appearance and you will be able to place your smile line wherever you think appropriate. This technique is especially useful for clients with very short nailbeds, or with nail biters.

If you telephone your product company I'm sure they will be able to tell you whether they have a camouflage or "cover pink" gel in their range. Or of course custom blending would be perfect. hth x

If I've interpreted this correctly, you blended the tips ok, but could see the difference between the pink colour of her (small) nail bed, and the colour of the natural tip which you had applied, which came lower down than where you wanted to apply the smile.

If I'm on the right lines, you really need to use a camouflage gel to mask the join between the nail bed and the tip to give a perfect pink nailbed appearance and you will be able to place your smile line wherever you think appropriate. This technique is especially useful for clients with very short nailbeds, or with nail biters.

If you telephone your product company I'm sure they will be able to tell you whether they have a camouflage or "cover pink" gel in their range. Or of course custom blending would be perfect. hth x
hi,yes ur one the right track,i used one step blush by nsi which i thought is used mainly to camouflage nails ,but is not worked as i could still see where the natural tip was blended and then there was the french white line ,il give nsi a phone 2m and see what they say about the blush gel,thx for you reply:hug:

one step blush isn't a camouflage gel, although it does look quite pink in the pot, when on the nail it is much more transparent than that

Latest posts

Back