Just Starting Up Business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I shall shortly be starting up my own business working from home doing beauty and nails (natural just now, not qualified for artificial yet).

I am desperatley trying to source out a supply of nail polishes to have for clients. I really would like OPI but I have no idea where to get them in bulk from. I have tried e-mailing Lena White of OPI (twice) with no success.

Can anyone recommend any other good suppliers?

Many thanks

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,
A warm welcome to the web site from all :)
Creative polishes are fantastic value, and not has thick as opi.
Maybe order a few samples from different companies and then you will see the differences.
But in my book Creative always get the thumbs up :lol:
Lesleyx

Hi Yvonne,

Lena White are best contacted by phone, they sent me a great pack and a huge OPI folder full of all their products. OPI can work out quite expensive and in my experience clients are leaning towards Creative polishes, they are excellent quality and good value for money too and a fantastic retailer, my clients liked the OPI polishes but found the retail price just a tad too high so I now have a load left after closing my salon! (guess what all my friends/family got for chrimbo!). Jx

Hi Yvonne,

Lesley has given you excellant advise. When I started I wanted to pick and stay faithful to one company, so I went and bought everthing OPI, but in hindsight I should have tried a few different polishes. Last week I bought the Creative Cream Puff and Negligee and other bits and pieces I've read about on this site.

Good luck

you can buy o.p.i polishes at sallys. i think they are pricey for what you get personally, and any member of the public can buy them. on the other hand, i think the attitude polishes by star nails are great value for money. they give good coverage, last well and come in at less than £2 each. you can also get these at sallys. o.k i know , so can anyone else but they are good.

sawasdee ka

Please be carefull not buy too many opi polish b4 u try because opi polish maybe give you problem if you open and after short time go no good .

Opi top coat i think is the number 1 bad product we have ever at our salon we buy 3 bottle open 2 and in not long time can not use beacuse is no good we take 1 back have another product ..

We not try creative polish because no have in Thailand but we speak not buy too much opi for start because maybe you have unhappy same my salon .

Mui from the land of smiles

sawasdee ka

We sorry we not speak good about opi we not like speak bad any body or product but we not want some body buy many some thing and have money gone and not happy same us b4 ..

We think buy little bit opi first and try better .

Mui from the land of smiles .

There has been a thread recently about OPI and it did mention about them going thick quite quickly (try the search facility).

Personally, when it comes to quality, choice and cost, I really don't think you can go wrong with Creative polishes. They are excellent quality, have excellent brushes and have excellent coverage. The choice of colours is great and they bring out a choice of seasonal colours throughout the year as well. They don't go gloopy, in my experience until almost the last bit. The price is extremely competitive. And they are formaldehyde free.

What more could you ask for from a professional polish?

Adele

Creative have already had a lot of mentions here, but I do agree they really are the best.... I've tried a few.... also if you plan to do mobile initially the last time I looked, they also had a great mobile case to carry them in....

Sue

Peppercorn Nails said:
There has been a thread recently about OPI and it did mention about them going thick quite quickly (try the search facility).

Personally, when it comes to quality, choice and cost, I really don't think you can go wrong with Creative polishes. They are excellent quality, have excellent brushes and have excellent coverage. The choice of colours is great and they bring out a choice of seasonal colours throughout the year as well. They don't go gloopy, in my experience until almost the last bit. The price is extremely competitive. And they are formaldehyde free.

What more could you ask for from a professional polish?

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back