Just thought I'd share some good news...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
Even though it's a Sunday, some of my team have been working today. Except rather than doing hair they've been climbing a mountain! Mount Snowdon (highest mountain in England and Wales) was conquered today by our team all for the good cause of raising money for the charity WaterAid who supply clean drinking water in 3rd world villages where children are literally dieing for a glass of clean water.

I've just heard back from our manageress that it took them 5 hours to reach the peak. They were taken on the route meant for experienced climbers - whoops! They've been climbing waterfalls, hoisting themselves up boulders and trekking through snow since 9AM this morning. She told me, "Today was officially the worst day of my life!"

To make matters worse, they then had to climb all the way back down again. Halfway back down she realised she had left her camera at the top of the mountain. Double whoops! She had to climb back up for 2 hours to get it. Poor thing.

But she's proud of all the money they've raised and has calculated they've managed to raise enough to give 24 children a lasting supply of clean drinking water for the rest of their lives. As you can tell, I am proud as punch!

:D

WOW, what a team

Erm, why are you sat at home drinking wine and geeking?????

Thats fantastic, 24 children having clean water for life, what an achievement :D

Absolutely brilliant so worth the effort when you realise what has been achieved for those children, to think we take that for granted and let our taps run all the time makes me guilty.... Big well do e xxxx

That's brilliant, well done x

Amazing! Well done girls!!

Latest posts

Back