Just want to scream!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, really need some advice and a good old moan, i am newly starting out and have always done my friends for them but my best friend in particular is a nightmare she will have them done one month then take them off, pick at them, a month later want them done again etc, she always just emails me when she wants them and i fit them in for her (being a best friend) so many times she cancels unexpectedly and i let it go, but im really annoyed now, all week shes been hinting to have them done then she emailed me yesterday saying she was desperate to have them done AGAIN but doesnt get paid till saturday and could i fit her in before and she will owe me the money and definately give it me saturday well being such a walk over said yes i will do them tonight for her then just now she emails me saying sorry cant make it tonight were arrange it for another time, its happened so many times before but today im so angry about it, just want to scream and shout at her so please help, how i can tacticly say that shes now taking the p*** without losing a friendship over it???? sorry to moan off but for some reason im really angry!!! thanks guys x

Oh Kelly,

you poor thing - does your friend pay for her nails - try calmly to let her know you are running a business and she is actually harming your chances of running a business if she expects you to be at her beck and call.

If she wants to have her nails done then she has to abide by some rules - she would never do this to her hairdresser or doctor or dentist. Get some rules - if she had come tonight then I would have insisted on a cheque with her bank details on the back which you could have said you would not cash until after the weekend - at least then you would have had the money. Your products are not free, nor is your time - you might have been able to fit in a real client in all of the appointments she has changed.

Sorry girl but you need to toughen up with this girl - in a nice way of course LOL.

Hi Kelly,

I know, it seems worse when it is a friend who is messing you around. Why don't you let her know that you are quite annoyed as you could have made other plans for tonight (ie slotted another customer into the time or even had some time out yourself). She sounds like a 'me, me, me" girl and probably doesn't realise how rude she is being until it is spelled out to her. . I think you really need to be clear to her that you are happy to accommodate her whenever you can so long as she doesn't let you down. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back