Just wanted to say hi to you all!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

makeupartistjennyb

Reaction score
Hi my name is jenny i am new to the nail geek. I have really enjoyed looking at the picture and repling to people.

I wanted to know if anyone had tips on how to get regular bookings, I have worked hard to learned everything and now really want lots of clients.

Look forward to hearing from anyone suggestions.

Jenny

Hi Jenny,
Welcome Hun !!!!
Ok first things first are you mobile, Salon or home based ???
There are loads of post on this subject of bookings, mgetting new clients, and business promotions............. go to the search link and type in a keyword and see what comes up..................
Fliers, business cards left every where, word of mouth, printed t-shirt with your logo on and wear that where ever you go..................
Schools, Fete's, Hairdressers, Flowershops, Brides go there for their flowers, the list is endless..................Just a few ideas

Welcome Jenny,

I am not sure if there are any secrets or tips other than be the best you can and you will find that word of mouth will be the best way of getting new clients.

I am mobile and I have done flyers till they come out of my ears, and they do work for me but a lot of effort is put in (i.e. 4-5 hours walking round the area)...I am looking to place an advert in Yellow Pages next as I do beleive this will work...but I can only test it to find out....

I am currently running 'recommend a friend' to existing customers if they recommend a friend who books and appointment then they get free nail art or a polish on their next appointment..

I have never bothered with free or paid for local papers as they are too much money for a very untargetted audience, but I would consider using the papers if they would take some FREE editorial, if I was opening my salon etc....

I have also been putting leaflets in my local pub for the last 8 months, about 250 have been taken todate, with only 10 calls!!!! but I keep putting them there as it cost me nothing other than the leaflets and at somepoint this I beleive this could prove very sucessfull....

I always have my price list and business cards with me wherever I go, you never know when or where your next customer could come from and I think there is nothing worse than not being prepared and offering a scrap of paper with a number scribbled on....

Ruth mentioned about T-shirts, which is a cool idea and I am going into a local screen printers this week to see what they can do for me...i'm thinking pink and glitter!! he he

Hope some of these ideas and suggestions help and look forward to chatting with you on the post.....phew sorry if i bored you I can ramble on sometimes

Let us know whether you are mobile, home or salon based and this might help more with the other Geeks advise...hth

Louise, so glad im not the only one ive just started leaflet dropping as im hoping to work from home only been doing it this week but had no calls yet :cry: trying not to let it put me off, but will be doing some more next week. Havent put them anywhere else as yet though was thinking about going into hairsalons etc but not sure what to say any advice????

I too carry round my business cards and have just sorted out a placement with the Yellow Pages its cost me £126 for the year which i have spread over 10 months on direct debit and thats for a good sized box, just in the process of sorting out how im wording it etc and i am really impressed with it, it goes into the August edition as thats the next one out.

Otherwise im also struggling for any advertising ideas!!! hoping it will start taking off soon though! x x x x

Hey Kelly,

it will happen for you, but lets face it its probably better to start off slowly at first then build up gradually otherwise you may find you will get too stressed out especially as i know you work fulltime at the mo.

I'm just in the process of designing my leaflet for a door drop so hopefully that will get abit of a responce.

Just don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back