Just wondered how many of you have met our top nail technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
HI,

I just wondered how many of you have met the cream of the crop in the nail industry. I am asking because when I went to the NEC, I went to the Creative stand and had one of my nails done. As the lady was doing my nail I noticed her badge which said Anne Swain, well I just turned into a blubbering fool! "I said oh my god, you're Anne Swain, I love your book" and then went on jibbering and trying to reproduce what she had just shown me. Honestly, she must have thought I was an absolute nut!! Hopefully, she just realised that I have a lot of respect for her and her work!

I went to CND and Ketan Patel did L&P - P&W. He did it effortlessly and gave good advice. He was sick with flu at the time - but it did not harm his wicked sarcasm - I just loved him!

My initial training was with Ezflow (at that time over at Calafornia Nails , Bolton). Because the two other students dropped out at last moment I actually did my foundation course one to one with non-other than Anthony Buckly!!!
I am such a lucky bunny!
:)

At least neither of you made bundling fools of yourself like I did!:eek:

i have seen a fair few but never dare speak to em :lol:coz they are like the nail world equivelent of celebs , haha:green: i saw antony buckley on the ez flow stand , geeg and mr & mrs geek in the osns , am such a wimp but dont have the guts to start talking to em , haha
i would rather meet a indusrty leader than a famous person anyday actually, not sure if thats mega sad or not :lol:

I don't think its sad at all, it just shows how much respect we have for their work. I know some of the top techs do nails for celebs etc, I wonder how they feel when they meet them and have to do their nails!

i have seen a fair few but never dare speak to em :lol:coz they are like the nail world equivelent of celebs , haha:green: i saw antony buckley on the ez flow stand , geeg and mr & mrs geek in the osns , am such a wimp but dont have the guts to start talking to em , haha
i would rather meet a indusrty leader than a famous person anyday actually, not sure if thats mega sad or not :lol:

Ooh, i've had the privilege of learning from Antony Buckley, Danny Haile, Najet, Geri-Dawn, and also seen demos and met Tom Holcombe, Maeling Parish, Christine Le.

And I also count myself extremely blessed to have trained with my mentor Catherine Wong, from Ecsalonce - she is fantastic too and the nail designs she creates are out of this world.

ooh i met antony buckley at gmex, he is lurvley man, but im afraid i didnt say much, told him i was a geek and sat in silence watching him create a masterpiece lol

xxxx

Antony is so friendly and such a good teacher, I'd have asked him like ten questions! haha. Although i am very reserved, but I'll still force myself to open my big mouth and ask them *at least* one question about any application problems I face, because god knows when I'll get another chance!

I trained with anne swain and her daughter kelly they are both so lovely and i have now met anthony he is a real gem and i can't wait to do some training with him next year. i've also met Keton and i just can't wait to meet Gigi in leeds in nov... very excited xx

I trained with anne swain and her daughter kelly they are both so lovely and i have now met anthony he is a real gem and i can't wait to do some training with him next year. i've also met Keton and i just can't wait to meet Gigi in leeds in nov... very excited xx

Looks like you may be a bit of a celeb yourself soon, with those winning titles, well done!!

Looks like you may be a bit of a celeb yourself soon, with those winning titles, well done!!

I wish... maybe one day..i would love to think that i will beable to get to their level but i have a long way to go yet but anything is possible if you want it enough xx

I wish... maybe one day..i would love to think that i will beable to get to their level but i have a long way to go yet but anything is possible if you want it enough xx

I totally agree with you! Just remember though, when you do get there and you bump in to a blabbering fool, its probably me!!

I met Christine Le, Vicky Peters and I don't know if you guys ever saw a show called Shear Genius? Well, the girl that won 2nd place, Daisy. She is super cool and from my hometown of Hialeah, Fl.

I did my L&P Conversion with Kelly Swain and my L&P Masters was Kelly and Anne Swain. They are excellent teachers and very nice people.

Shelley

the first top tech i ever met was Ruth at a show....

I have met a few too lol........... well if you stalk them long enough at shows they just have to talk to you lol..........
No serious guys, I have met loads but the ones that have made a difference to my Nail Education and career are the ones that count for me the most.

Gigi, well she just rocks my nail world and is a true friend too. I would have never touched L&P if it hadn't been for her, me being a die hard Fibreglass and Gel Technician. She taught me how to do it right and do it till I get it right. Oh and she does the best breakfast ever xxxx

Liza Smith, my mate and Competition buddy, if it hadn't been for her I would have never entered any of my comps and never would have won. I did my Masters with her and boy she does drive a mean brush lol and produce a wicked set of nails.....

Samuel, well he is just a kick butt Educator and any one that has been to any of his seminars knows what I am talking about.

Marian Newman, she does a mean Sunday roast and an showed me how to critique my nails until they where all critiqued out.

Antony, fag buddy and my Fibreglass critic. He helped me more than he will ever know and his sense of humour is just plain wicked.

Amanda Fontanarossa, cool chick and this girl has a passion that is just catching, you can't help but just be inspired by her.

Samantha not a working Technician, but she has made a big difference in how I do things and deal with things. Her PR skills are next to none, tact and diplomacy and passion for our industry, put her for me right up there with the top technicians. She is smart and as we would say here, a great bird.

Elise Scholes, the best Fibreglass Technician I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and frequently competing against. She is one of the nicest people, her tenacity and her ability to focus and produce Fibreglass nails to die for make her my top Technician.

There are loads more, but these guys rock my nail world.....they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk.....and when they talk I listen lol......

ruth,,, you missed me out!!!

he he

i have met quite a lot of the top names and have always been amazed at how 'normal' they are. all lovely people with a passion for nails... just like us really:green:

last year i had the priviledge to train in the usa with tom holcomb, tom bachik and alisha rimando. they and there team of trainers were fantastic techs, trainers and motivators.

I've met a lot of techs who have inspired me.
Ant..it goes without saying.
I don't think the names are so relevant to me as they are to others ...yes..top names..top techs..but to me I have found myself at many a show not fully knowing who was doing the demos but still thought they were fab. Jo Shirley is totally out there for me..I got to admit!
I once found myself watching Samuel....:lol: many moons ago and have to admit I didn't know him from Adam. (slightly uncomfortable.. but lets be honest here)
I was enthralled and intrigued as I have been with MANY industry leaders.
It wasn't lack of enthusiasm that meant I didn't know who was who so to speak...I just had no idea.
Gigi..yes I went to see her in Leeds a little while ago...felt slightly cheeky ...I'm not a Creative tech, and hell, she was fab and shared and just made me feel so welcome.

So..my point?
These people appreciate YOU just as you do them.
They really do value you as a tech and customer.
They love you as YOU love them. They are so glad to be such an inspiration.
Don't let that go xxx

Latest posts

Back