Just wondering how many of you do lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
Just interested to hear how many have took the plunge with lash extensions and how they are going with them and if they are very popular.

Sorry, just being nosey.

I have a kit and practised a bit (I am familiar with applying lashes etc) and could do with some extra training but not sure if I actually like doing them or if I am actually going to promote them.

I do lash extensions. (The ones that last a few days that is). I love doing them. I don't do them often, people only want them for occasions but its a quick and easy treatment to offer. doesn't take long to perfect your technique either. good luck x

I do semi permanent lashes, the type that you have infilled every two weeks or so. I dont do loads but have easily earnt my money back that I paid for kit/training. I do at least four lots of infills a week.I LOVE doing them and the result is always amazing. I trained with I-Lash and they were fantastic. hth:)

I do semi permanent lashes, the type that you have infilled every two weeks or so. I dont do loads but have easily earnt my money back that I paid for kit/training. I do at least four lots of infills a week.I LOVE doing them and the result is always amazing. I trained with I-Lash and they were fantastic. hth:)

the salon where I am currently working do about 3 or 4 set of the temp ones per week.
Cabinkel - what type of clients have the semi ones done - trying to decide if can attract enough clients to warrant the cost of these.

I do semi-permanent lashes too. And how busy I am with them seems to depend on the time of year. Summer was popular...lots of brides and highschool grads. In the fall and winter I do a lot less. Although I did 2 sets this week for halloween.

Hi
We do lash extensions at our salon and have been doing them for over a year. These are the semi-permanent ones that have to be infilled every 2 weeks. I absolutely love doing them as it's a really relaxing and you get a great result. It's a long treatment time but it's really nice one on one time with your client and the time passes really quickly.

We do around 4-5 sets of infills per week and we get maybe 1-2 new sets every week at £95. We have more than made our money back on the initial investment. We'll get lots of sets before Christmas and after christmas as people spend their gift vouchers and Christmas money. You will also find that once client's start having them, they can't live without them.

You usually price your infills by time - so, for 30 minutes you would charge £25, and for 45 minutes you would charge £35 and for an hour you would charge £50.

Hope this helps

I did them on my mam and it took ages to get about 10-15 lashes in altogether. They did last. But what I noticed was the adhesive seems to dry really quickly and if you get it on your fingers you have had it...it doesnt come off. (it came with the kit). Do you store it in the fridge?

My only concerns are with client expectations (Im like that when I do nails or make-up as I never over sell a product to anyone) if I cant cut the mustard with the product then I will just give up altogether!

I will give them another go on someone and see if I enjoy them and will probably think about doing a course in the new year (when I might actually have some time spare)

cheers for your replies.

the salon where I am currently working do about 3 or 4 set of the temp ones per week.
Cabinkel - what type of clients have the semi ones done - trying to decide if can attract enough clients to warrant the cost of these.

I have found that it tends to be my younger clients who have them. I do have two older ladies who just have some lashes of a similar length to their own put in to thicken, if you know what i mean! The younger girls tend to go for a more dramatic look. I enjoy doing them so I suppose thats half of it. I do find them quite hard to "sell" though. Clients have to made aware of the commitment they are making if they want to keep them on, bit like nails really. The commitment does sometimes put people off having them done, but if they do go for it, find it almost impossible to go back to their own lashes! hth

I do Lashes, trained with Nouveau lashes. they are fab and the results are great:green:
Jenx

I was just enquiring about taking a course in permanent eyelash ext. and the companies r called: "Lavish Lashes" and "Dazzelmylashes"

Both r supposed to be very natural and long lasting systems, and on the web site, the pics r great.

what stops me at the moment is the price. both in the region of &500 &700
thats a lot, but u get ur kit with it, worth like 2000 sets of lashes.

still thinking about it, maybe in the new year
what do u think?

Hi there

Have just added eyelash extension/perming to the service menu so cant really say atm how popular it will be.
Really glad to have done the training with Hovans - handy to have.

XX J XX

Wow!!!! Chiodi.dk, those lashes are amazing.....

Are they false lashes or actual eyelash extensions, because I can see a bit of a weave going on there and they're all quite a uniform length....?

it's actual extentions :)

it's actual extentions :)

Cool, I've never seen extensions quite like them before:green:

What products do you use? How many extensions did you apply to each eye?

Sorry for the questions, I'm curious!

Cool, I've never seen extensions quite like them before:green:

What products do you use? How many extensions did you apply to each eye?

Sorry for the questions, I'm curious!

think I've used 15 or 16 on each eye ... Use eylure products - they're super to work with .. :)

think I've used 15 or 16 on each eye ... Use eylure products - they're super to work with .. :)

I thought Eylure only tend to supply strip lashes and cluster lashes (a small amount of lashes knotted together)....correct me if I'm wrong....

Only asking you hun, because there's so many misunderstandings regarding the term 'Eyelash Extensions'....some peeps think strip lashes, others cluster lashes, and other actual eyelash extensions with one individual eyelash (which look as though you've pulled one of your own out!).

Your lashes pic looks fab, but to me it looks as though you've used cluster lashes, especially as you say you applied about 15....15 eyelash extensions couldn't create such a stunning effect. :green:

Aren't cluster lashes still considered eyelash extensions? They are where I am from.

Latest posts

Back