Just wondering how many of you do lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't cluster lashes still considered eyelash extensions? They are where I am from.

Personally I class strip lashes and cluster lashes that last a couple of days as 'false lashes'.

I class individual synthetic eyelashes that are placed onto individual natural eyelashes and last for up to two months as 'eyelash extensions'.

I think referring to them as such stops confusion, and I'm pretty sure Pazzy is wanting info on eyelash extensions in this thread :green:

Personally I class strip lashes and cluster lashes that last a couple of days as 'false lashes'.

I class individual synthetic eyelashes that are placed onto individual natural eyelashes and last for up to two months as 'eyelash extensions'.

I think referring to them as such stops confusion, and I'm pretty sure Pazzy is wanting info on eyelash extensions in this thread :green:

i agree with you 100% on this one Amy

It gets totally confusing when as you say the "cluster type exensions" are called "extensions" as in reality they are totally different.

i agree with you 100% on this one Amy

It gets totally confusing when as you say the "cluster type exensions" are called "extensions" as in reality they are totally different.

Yeah, because you're not really 'extending' lashes with cluster/strip lashes, more like sticking new ones on!

With actual eyelash extensions, you extend from an natural eyelash, so I think it's better that these are the only type that are referred to as extensions.

It does all get very confusing! :lol:

I thought Eylure only tend to supply strip lashes and cluster lashes (a small amount of lashes knotted together)....correct me if I'm wrong....

Only asking you hun, because there's so many misunderstandings regarding the term 'Eyelash Extensions'....some peeps think strip lashes, others cluster lashes, and other actual eyelash extensions with one individual eyelash (which look as though you've pulled one of your own out!).

Your lashes pic looks fab, but to me it looks as though you've used cluster lashes, especially as you say you applied about 15....15 eyelash extensions couldn't create such a stunning effect. :green:

The ones on the picture are a mix of individual lashes and small bouques of lashes with 5-6 hairs on ... :)

When I took my eyelash extension class... we were taught using a combination of the individual and custer lashes. And they last several weeks and then are infilled every couple of weeks.

has anyone seen, used or heard anything about the new eyelas extension kit from salon systems?? I already use their 'cluster' (new term to me!! lol) lashes, was wondering if anyone had any comments on the extensions.

also, whats the block of glue for?? do you dampen it and get glue onto the lash off it?

x

I was thinking of doing lash implants and perming. can some pls explain to me before i sign up for the course how this works and how long does it take to do the service

I was thinking of doing lash implants and perming. can some pls explain to me before i sign up for the course how this works and how long does it take to do the service

Well blow me down with a feather - "lash implants - never heard of them" what ever next!

Tell us more!

I was looking for the new SS kit in Capital but they didn't have it in yet.
So when you do lash extensions, do you still stick them on near the base of the lash or are you actually putting them on partway down the length of the lash?
I assumed it was still at the base, but you used longer eyelashes to get the overall length, but it seems from this thread maybe I'm wrong?

Im really interested in eyelash extensions after reading all the comments so for those of you that do it how much is the course and kits on average ? and the best company to train with ?

Unless you have medical training, I'm afraid this is a no-go!

Eyelash Implants is essentially a transplant surgery, with a graft being taken from the back of the neck, hairs being plucked out of the graft, stripped of excess dermis, epidermis and fat, then placed individually into the upper or lower eyelid. All this under local anaesthetic, yummy!

The recipient of the new lashes will then have to trim their lashes regularly as they will find they grow quicker than their natural eyelashes.

This procedure is a permanent cosmetic solution and has all the same risks inherent with other eyelid surgery. It is fairly popular in Korea and Japan, and is also available in the US.

hth

hi, just wanted to say i trained with i-lash (abx beauty) last week and was really impressed with the training and the kit, i'd been looking into it for a few months and definately feel that i've made the right choice. I-lash do three different size kits and i went for the middle one so with the training included it was around £700. They came out and trained at my house 10.00 til 6.00 as i'm mobile and it was enjoyable as well as informative! just need lots of practise now!!
nats x

Latest posts

Back