Just wondering what this gel was

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Nails

Reaction score
I've just come back from a new client. Lovely lady and I knew before I took the booking she was not wearing Shellac as I always ask.

I'm just wondering what it was out of curiosity that's all

It was described as being in smaller bottlles than the colour shellac bottles. 2 layers of clear followed but the colour ( she did not have a lot of choice but that's not saying this gel doesn't come in lots of colour) it was a similar colour to Shellac Tutti Frutti and then a top coat. All cured in a lamp.

The consistency when applied she said it has fibres in it. And it was so thick, for a polish shocking but has Shellac spoilt me.

Of course even after removing the top coat and wrapping it didn't budge. So I buffed the colour off. My lady said the it's usually all filed off and reapplied. To me though what I was seeing didn't see the point in filing that thick base layer off to put it on again. I could be doing it totally wrong for that system though?

So I thinned the bulk out to a nice natural look and then carried on with the Shellac service as normal. She has booked me again for two weeks time and I have explained that we can let the remaining gel grow out.

So after that way long post sorry, what could it be.

Thanks Vicki

p.s. Shellac I love you :Love:

was it not (hard) buff off gel as opposed to a gel polish? Strange that the lady didn't know (or ask) what her last tech was applying to her nails!!

Latest posts

Back