Just wouldn't stick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I did a set of nails on Friday and had a real nightmare with them:cry: the set took me 3 hours:eek: as they just wouldn't stick I went through all my tips trying all shapes would file it try and stick it nothing:irked: eventually they did stick but i had done a set with same tips etc the day before and had no problems can anyone enlighten me as to why this happened her skin was normal so wasn't oily:rolleyes: I felt terrible and I must of looked soooo incompetant.

The client did book me again but I just hope they stay on I will worry now and I won't see her for 3 weeks as she is going on holiday:rolleyes:

Any suggestions as to why this happened any help greatly appreciated

Kate xx

what adhesive are you using...?? did you apply anough...to much...hold on for long enough...?? tips the right shape and size...did she have flat nail beds...??

what adhesive are you using...?? did you apply anough...to much...hold on for long enough...?? tips the right shape and size...did she have flat nail beds...??

Hya,

I'm using the edge adhesive I don't usually have any problems with it:rolleyes: but I've never quite had as bad as this client I was holding on for ages to try and make it stick but it just wouldn't they did in the end coz of my sheer determination:mad: I just can't think why this was happening?

Kate xx

If it's a pressure set adhesive then maybe you weren't applying enough pressure to the tip???

You could try 'double adhering', ie, apply a small amount of resin/adhesive to the natural nails, let dry, then apply your tips as normal, this could help with them adhering better.

As Angie said, maybe it was her nail shape that was the problem?!

:hug:

If it's a pressure set adhesive then maybe you weren't applying enough pressure to the tip???

You could try 'double adhering', ie, apply a small amount of resin/adhesive to the natural nails, let dry, then apply your tips as normal, this could help with them adhering better.

As Angie said, maybe it was her nail shape that was the problem?!

:hug:

I was using the tips I had (well most of them actually) to try and fit her nail shape but even then they wouldn't stick I'm just confused by this:confused:

Kate xx

Is the adhesive getting old?

I have had this happen to me because the adhesive was starting to go slightly thicker and seemed to take ages to set and stick.

Maybe try a new bottle??

Is the adhesive getting old?

I have had this happen to me because the adhesive was starting to go slightly thicker and seemed to take ages to set and stick.

Maybe try a new bottle??

It is a new bottle:rolleyes:

Kate xx

It can only be the shape of her nail then.

If she had very flat nail beds or extremely curved nail beds, you need to have a more tailored to fit tip, or the other thing would be to sculpt if you can.

It is annoying when this happens as it does knock your confidence, but this is only one client that this has happened to, so just use it as a learning curve and remember all the other pleased clients you have.:hug:

It can only be the shape of her nail then.

If she had very flat nail beds or extremely curved nail beds, you need to have a more tailored to fit tip, or the other thing would be to sculpt if you can.

It is annoying when this happens as it does knock your confidence, but this is only one client that this has happened to, so just use it as a learning curve and remember all the other pleased clients you have.:hug:

Hya

Thanks for your kind words my confidence is at it's lowest at the moment:cry:

Thanks again

Kate xx:hug:

just remember that she obviously wasnt put off by this and she must of liked the end results otherwise she wouldnt of booked her next appointment with you.
chin up and keep smiling kate.none of us are perfect and these things do happen.xx

Maybe it's the adhesive if it was a new bottle....was it resin? Take it back and get another, maybe it's a dodgy batch, which isn't unknown in any brand!

If the shape of the tip you've eventually chosen doesn't fit perfectly on all ten, you could try a thicker, gel-like adhesive to fill in gaps on the nail -give CND Gelbond a try. It's slow setting and you need to press it for 20 seconds at least but once adhered it lasts.
Personally I would sculpt on this kind of occasion:).

Latest posts

Back