Keep your nail pics to yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want i can make a tutorial for it as i done that with a few of mine?xx

How nice.... Between the two of you we should all be watermark savvy soon!:)

i realise this is an old thread.. but did this tutorial ever get done.. i am at the moment thinking about watermarking my pics,, (for all they are worth anyway) can someone point me in the right direction?

The tutorial is indeed finished, you can find it over in 'Navigation/Articles/Misc Articles' , a simpler way to read through it would be to click here

This tutorial was aimed at those peeps who use Photoshop. I realise that not everyone has access to Photoshop as it is rather pricey, so I've done another tutorial on watermarking using Irfanview which is 100% free. You can view the Irfanview tut at The Nail Directory

If anyone has any questions, ask away.

could you a tutorial for me please your a gem:hug: y

Seanny you are a star

I am off to sort out my photos now

Thank you

i will have a nose now seanny thanks hun xxx

Nice one Chantell and Dee !! Could this be the end of nail photos getting ripped off? It surely will be if you mark your pics, the thief will move on and steal pics elsewhere. Let me know how you get on.

oh wow i have finally managed to mark my pics , yay!!!

thanks so much seanny:hug: , i like this programme better than paintshop , that confused the hell outta me :lol:

righty ho i am off to change all my pics on my website and re load em up with writing on :green:

Most recently, I used Paint Shop Pro to watermark some pics with a visible copyright message; it was fairly time consuming though; I'd love to have something that would automate/batch process the entire task, particularly if it could be run from within a Java program.

I *did* manage to get something up and running on Linux using a program called ImageMagick many moons ago, although I didn't get round to doing anything with opacity, so the resulting watermarks were a bit "in your face"; I tended to use those in conjunction with Apache's mod_rewrite, so that if someone tried to "leech" images from my site (i.e. linking directly to the image on my server from their web page), Apache would realise that the referer was not a page on my site, and would serve them up the image with the web address stamped across it, as opposed to the original image (which would be displayed for people browsing my site normally)...

Latest posts

Back