Keep your nail pics to yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
Just a friendly word of advice to all those geeks who own a website. Its that old chestnut again, marking your pics. Gone are the days when you could stop someone swiping the pics from your gallery by just stopping them 'right-clicking', any webmaster worth their salt can bypass that in a couple of seconds. Things have moved on so swiftly now that some browsers and even some free gallery making scripts can lift your entire gallery from your page with just one mouse click, its true, I've found this out myself quite by accident.

What can you do about it? Well, to be honest, if you put your pics on any webpage, its a relatively easy thing for someone to come, copy them to their own machine and use them as their own.....

UNLESS

...... unless you put a copyright watermark somewhere on each and every pic that you display. If anyone uses Photoshop its fairly easy to setup a custom brush to use as a permanent copyright marker with the text and transparency of your choice. If there is sufficient demand for it, I'll be happy to do a short tutorial showing how its done.

i'd love a tutorial on it please please please seanny xxxx

double triple ditto!!

yes please Seanny hun
Jen

me to pretty please.

Yes please that would be brill Sean x

Just a friendly word of advice to all those geeks who own a website. Its that old chestnut again, marking your pics. Gone are the days when you could stop someone swiping the pics from your gallery by just stopping them 'right-clicking', any webmaster worth their salt can bypass that in a couple of seconds. Things have moved on so swiftly now that some browsers and even some free gallery making scripts can lift your entire gallery from your page with just one mouse click, its true, I've found this out myself quite by accident.

What can you do about it? Well, to be honest, if you put your pics on any webpage, its a relatively easy thing for someone to come, copy them to their own machine and use them as their own.....

UNLESS

...... unless you put a copyright watermark somewhere on each and every pic that you display. If anyone uses Photoshop its fairly easy to setup a custom brush to use as a permanent copyright marker with the text and transparency of your choice. If there is sufficient demand for it, I'll be happy to do a short tutorial showing how its done.

If you want i can make a tutorial for it as i done that with a few of mine?xx

Seanny you little gem,
I'd love you to do a tutorial please,
None of my photos are watermarked :o

and thankyou for your advice yesterday
I got photoshop and the templates, and I have done my biz caRd yayyy,
gotta work on the other stuff tonight !

xxxx

me too would like 1 x

There are so many ways round copying these days.

Watermarks really are the only way to go.

Even if you have the right click thing disabled, you can still do a screen print of the page the picture you want to copy is on and then clip and enlarge.

i'd like to see a tutorial :)

:hug:
Yes Seanny, I would be interested also!!

Sincerely;
Janet

Ok guys, I'll have a full tutorial here sometime after 6.30. Thanks for your replies and interest.

Nah I don't need it, cos I have got you to manage my website and I cannot recommend you highly enough:hug:

*Blush* jeez Angela, will you give over, they'll think I'm paying you to say that. LOL Thanks hun x

Ok, the new tutorial will be going uo on its own thread so that people can see it straight off, so if maybe one of the mods can close this or do whatever it is you normally do. :)

No he doesn't pay me at all !!!!

He just does the most amazing job:!:

Woop woop- with my website being built as we speak this is a godsend seanny! :green:

Angela STOP IT! LOL

Good for you francesXXX, hope someone benefits from it. :)

Latest posts

Back