Keeping clients & staff cool & comfortable during heat wave!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassystylist25

Lower paid psychologist
Reaction score
I am absolutely sweating balls in work today.

We are a small salon and a small team of 4. We see a lot of lovely clients day in and day out.

However!

This last few days South Wales has had nothing short of an absolute stonker of a heat wave!!!

We are all struggling blow drying and being on our sweaty feet all day (lol sick I know!) and have all worked great as a team to deliver results.

So far I have provided cool bottled water to staff, one or two fans nicked from the house (really didn't expect sun in South Wales TBH so didn't plan ahead and bought more!) and offered clients cool drinks etc..

We have even had our feet in bowls of cold water for 10 mins at a time in the staff room lol.

Can anyone think of ways I can keep my staff motivated, energised and comfortable and more importantly our clients comfortable while we sweat our guts all over them?

Currently thinking of investing in air conditioning but this weather seriously only happens like once or twice a year for a few days at a time and it's looking like a good few hundred and as I said we are only a small salon and this expenditure may or may not 'make the boat go faster'

Any tips greatly appreciated! X

I bought a tower heater from Argos in the winter but it also has a cool air function on it. It's by delonghi, was about £90, doesn't use much space.

I feel your pain!! I have a home salon and only do waxing. Wax does not like hot skin and hot rooms!! I bought a small air conditioning unit last year but to be honest it didn't really help last night. I was working until 9.30 last night and it was a nightmare xx

It sounds like you're doing great! Maybe you could get the team ice lollies at the end of the day x

It sounds like you're doing great! Maybe you could get the team ice lollies at the end of the day x

I have actually done that lol! I've made us a basket of necessities in the staff room, things like deodorant, sanitaries, and talc for the dreaded 'chub-rub' (it happens to the best of us!) .. the moaning has definitely calmed down!

Have been nosing online and found wall mounted fans so I think I may get them between each cutting station and as they're on the wall it won't take up a lot of counter space.

I swear we were all ready to pass out on Saturday at the end of the day.

Thanks all for the suggestions I really appreciated it!! Xx

Latest posts

Back