Keeping the natural nail clean

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyUK

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has any good tips for clients to keep natural nails looking good when they begin to show behind extensions. I havent found anything to beat warm soapy water and a good nail brush although I have heard denture cleaning tablets work well...not sure if anyone would recommend this? I know companies sell products for this purpose but do they work?

TracyUK said:
Was wondering if anyone has any good tips for clients to keep natural nails looking good when they begin to show behind extensions. I havent found anything to beat warm soapy water and a good nail brush although I have heard denture cleaning tablets work well...not sure if anyone would recommend this? I know companies sell products for this purpose but do they work?
We have had a similar thread; I know that Nail Brite was offered as a professional substitute - it is specifically for this type of thing and helps with smokers yellow nails too!

Did I read somewhere nail brite is lemon scented? Sounds just the stuff I'm looking for and great idea to retail it too!

Yuk blurghhhhhhhh just thinking of a smokers nails I had to do...dont u just hate dirty nails!!!!!!!!!I have had quite a few clients afraid to clean behind their nails incase they cause liftiing but I am quick to tell them to get scrubbing lol (gently and frequently does the trick).

Nail Brite is the professional solution ....

I couldn't imagine recommending anyone to soak their fingers in denture tablets!!
We have professional products to retail to the client.

I use Nailbrite in the salon, when I have a client with problem 'dirty' nails.... I do generally find this works... But I recommend to my clients that a soft/medium toothbrush works wonderfully with nothing more than soap. (It's not too big to push against the enhancement and can get into the tricky areas...) Some clients use whitnening toothpastes and have reported this to be very good...It seems to be working, as I don't get too many problems with my nails deteriorating due to the toothpaste.
Most customers who use this method do so when they have their natural nail overlayed.

Sue
geeg said:
Nail Brite is the professional solution ....

I couldn't imagine recommending anyone to soak their fingers in denture tablets!!
We have professional products to retail to the client.

Welsh Geek said:
I use Nailbrite in the salon, when I have a client with problem 'dirty' nails.... I do generally find this works... But I recommend to my clients that a soft/medium toothbrush works wonderfully with nothing more than soap. (It's not too big to push against the enhancement and can get into the tricky areas...) Some clients use whitnening toothpastes and have reported this to be very good...It seems to be working, as I don't get too many problems with my nails deteriorating due to the toothpaste.
Most customers who use this method do so when they have their natural nail overlayed.

Sue

And recommending toothpaste or other similar has just lost you one retail sale to your customer. ?? Think ... and sell her what you use in the salon. This is what business is all about.

Well i gave the denture tablets a go on my own nails as I was curious lol...they came out lovely and smooth and clean but they have a horrible smell of yup u guessed it........mint LOL... guess I could have used the non minty type (if such a thing exists I wouldn't know lol) but to be honest i just stuffed the first pack i saw in my shopping basket and hid em under my loaf of bread lol Hope this smell goes soon cos I hate the thought that I smell of false teeth rofl nail brite here I come!

Welsh Geek said:

Sue
Where can u purchase nailbrite? oh by the girls i use steredent every day, love it. (for my dentures that is)lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back