Keeping tint brushes clean during a service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyParting

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I started Level 2 Hairdressing at college in Sept, I meant to ask my teacher but got sidetracked (I could wait until Friday to ask her but it's bugging me lol).

When doing a colour or a bleach, what's the best way to prevent it going up past the bristles? I find this messy and annoying. Is there a way to set the brush down to keep it just on the bristles? Sorry if this is basic lol.

I was doing lightening on roots on my training head but found it ended up getting up my brush past the bristles and found it a bit annoying lol. Thank you!

Hey everyone! I started Level 2 Hairdressing at college in Sept, I meant to ask my teacher but got sidetracked (I could wait until Friday to ask her but it's bugging me lol).

When doing a colour or a bleach, what's the best way to prevent it going up past the bristles? I find this messy and annoying. Is there a way to set the brush down to keep it just on the bristles? Sorry if this is basic lol.

I was doing lightening on roots on my training head but found it ended up getting up my brush past the bristles and found it a bit annoying lol. Thank you!
I find taking more care when mixing so it's not all around the sides of the bowl. I always change brushes after I've mixed the colour so the brush is always clean :)

I find taking more care when mixing so it's not all around the sides of the bowl. I always change brushes after I've mixed the colour so the brush is always clean :)
That makes sense! Thank you! I just mixed like crazy and used the same brush lol. :)

Also if you have too much colour on your brush you can scrape it against the lip of the bowl to push it down to the tips of the bristles. My tutor always used to stress that cleaner the brush, the more precise the application. So basically if you have a ton of product all over the brush it is harder to apply.

I'm guessing you're doing the new L2 where you have exam style assesments at the end of each unit? I did my L3 like that. Tip for good marks in the colour assesment: As Ronray said, always mix with another brush/spatula/(we had mini whisks at college for mixing) and use a clean brush for application. It will get you more marks.

Also if you have too much colour on your brush you can scrape it against the lip of the bowl to push it down to the tips of the bristles. My tutor always used to stress that cleaner the brush, the more precise the application. So basically if you have a ton of product all over the brush it is harder to apply.

I'm guessing you're doing the new L2 where you have exam style assesments at the end of each unit? I did my L3 like that. Tip for good marks in the colour assesment: As Ronray said, always mix with another brush/spatula/(we had mini whisks at college for mixing) and use a clean brush for application. It will get you more marks.
Hey! Thank you! Im going to do all these tips next week when colouring, I really appreciate it! Yes that's what I'm doing I actually have an exam next week lol :)

I use mini whisks to mix all of my colors/bleach, it's way more efficient and neat. You can get them cheap on amazon. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back