Keratin aftercare?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah Phillips

Reaction score
So Im a trainee hairdresser and today had a keratin treatment done on my hair, however, I'm slightly unsure of what aftercare products to use.

I currently use L'oreal silver shampoo Osmo treatment mask and Redken real control conditioner however, I have been told to now switch to sulphate free shampoos and am struggling to find some that don't cost a ridiculous amount, does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thankyou! :)

Osmo silver shampoo I think is sulphate free, also Schwarzkopf BC colour freeze is sulphate free (I love this one) also Joico... There are plenty out there

So Im a trainee hairdresser and today had a keratin treatment done on my hair, however, I'm slightly unsure of what aftercare products to use.

I currently use L'oreal silver shampoo Osmo treatment mask and Redken real control conditioner however, I have been told to now switch to sulphate free shampoos and am struggling to find some that don't cost a ridiculous amount, does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thankyou! :)
I would suggest you get shampoo of the Brand of whatever Keratin Treatment you used. They usually have a whole system developed to preserve the treatment.
Also sulfates are bad but they are the thing that creates foam and suds in the shampoo but the thing you really need to look for on the ingredients is Sodium Chloride. Sodium Chloride is basically table salt and its used as a thickener and it will totally strip the Keratin treatment from the hair.
Conditioners don't usually have anything in them that will harm the Keratin treatment however you did just run a 400 degree iron all over the hair so again I would invest in a good one.
Using high quality products on the hair is an investment into the hair and it preserves the money you spend on color, keratin etc. it will help your clients as well.

Latest posts

Back