Keratin smoothing and unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules79

Reaction score
This month I decided to offer a discount on the Cezanne keratin smoothing treatment. I had a client come in for a consult. I explained everything from the product ingredients, timing, expectations. I also mentioned that I some past clients have mentioned that they have less hair loss since she was complaining about a lot of hair loss since she had a rebonding service a few years back. I did explain keratin treatment isn’t meant to treat hair loss and reduced hair loss in my past client was because their hair was smoother and less tangling resulting in less brushing. At the end of the consult she said “I’ll try and see how it goes”
Anyways I did the treatment and 4 days later she said her hair now exactly the same as before. And she spent $150 on shampoo from Sephora. I told her I don’t know y it didn’t work and that in my opinion it was something in the shampoo. She no it can’t be the shampoo since she paid $150 for it and the lady at Sephora told her it was the best shampoo. Smh
Now she wants her money back.
Any one have any insight as y the keratin treatment didn’t work? I really think it was the shampoo. And what should I tell her now.
I know this is a long post and it really just seems like I’m venting here after i just read it over. Lol.

This month I decided to offer a discount on the Cezanne keratin smoothing treatment. I had a client come in for a consult. I explained everything from the product ingredients, timing, expectations. I also mentioned that I some past clients have mentioned that they have less hair loss since she was complaining about a lot of hair loss since she had a rebonding service a few years back. I did explain keratin treatment isn’t meant to treat hair loss and reduced hair loss in my past client was because their hair was smoother and less tangling resulting in less brushing. At the end of the consult she said “I’ll try and see how it goes”
Anyways I did the treatment and 4 days later she said her hair now exactly the same as before. And she spent $150 on shampoo from Sephora. I told her I don’t know y it didn’t work and that in my opinion it was something in the shampoo. She no it can’t be the shampoo since she paid $150 for it and the lady at Sephora told her it was the best shampoo. Smh
Now she wants her money back.
Any one have any insight as y the keratin treatment didn’t work? I really think it was the shampoo. And what should I tell her now.
I know this is a long post and it really just seems like I’m venting here after i just read it over. Lol.
After a smoothing treatment / keratin blowdry it's vital that the client is sold shampoo and conditioner by you, because you know what's in it.
Its recommended that after such service you use sulphate and paraben free products. Regardless of how expensive the products are it doesn't mean they don't contain harsh chemicals that will affect the longevity of the smoothing system. Sulphates, parabens, metalic salts and mineral oil are all known to cause issues in such circumstances.

After a smoothing treatment / keratin blowdry it's vital that the client is sold shampoo and conditioner by you, because you know what's in it.
Its recommended that after such service you use sulphate and paraben free products. Regardless of how expensive the products are it doesn't mean they don't contain harsh chemicals that will affect the longevity of the smoothing system. Sulphates, parabens, metalic salts and mineral oil are all known to cause issues in such circumstances.
I absolutely agree and educated the client on this. I didn’t have the shampoo/conditioner I wanted to her use at my salon and told her I would get her some. She would just need to come back and pick it up. And I also offered the same price I get it for.
And she sent me picture of the shampoo she used and it clearly says “no harsh sulphates” and I told her well that’s not same as no sulphates.
She is now saying her hair is worse than it was before and can not step out of the house because it looks so bad. And she said even more hair is falling out. How can this be?

She’s also fixated on the fact that i told her it could prevent hair loss. I told her no I mentioned it may help in that situation and also explained why.

She’s also fixated on the fact that i told her it could prevent hair loss. I told her no I mentioned it may help in that situation and also explained why.
Is her hair extremely damaged by any chance?

Latest posts

Back