Khaki hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flowergirl86

Reaction score
Hi guys

I recently had a full head of highlights, which toned with a flat toner. My hair is now a muddy blonde and still looks quite dark considering it’s had a full head of highlights! Any ideas on how a hairdresser can remedy this and quick!!!

A decent colourist should be able to sort this out very easily. Maybe try a new hairdresser if you’re current one is unable to help?

A decent colourist should be able to sort this out very easily. Maybe try a new hairdresser if you’re current one is unable to help?
My old one says he can’t see the green! Incredible really!

I have been to a new salon who agrees the hair is indeed a mud colour. They say they will have to dash a few highlights through and do a deep cleanse and retone! But won’t they just be toning the green and make it even darker? I though toners has to fade?

A simple cleanse should be adequate to remove excess tone. You don’t need re-highlighting.
Are you also using a purple shampoo as that would exacerbate the situation?

A simple cleanse should be adequate to remove excess tone. You don’t need re-highlighting.
Are you also using a purple shampoo as that would exacerbate the situation?
I have given my hair a good wash today with head and shoulders and it’s still as green as ever. I don’t use purple shampoo as I don’t like ash! I always have a baby/honey blonde!

OP can you show us a pic please?

Latest posts

Back