Kiara Sky dip powder top coat help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hcnails48

Reaction score
I have been using Kiara Sky Dip Powder since September, I love it and despite the tempramental top coat reviews I have never had an issue.....until this weekend, please see the attached photo! What on earth could have caused this? If you look closely it just peeled back off the top of the nail like skin?
On application the product was setting on the brush which was a little odd so I switched with my brush saver brush, could this have contaminated the top coat?
I asked Kiara Sky and they said it was not enough seal protect but I’m sure I didn’t apply any differently to normal and that doesn’t explain the top coat setting on the brush!
In the end I had to top coat with a gel and all clients have come back to let me know that it’s peeled off the nail, all in all a disasterous first weekend working in a salon!
Any help/advice is much appreciated!
Xx

Attachments

• B70CB994-DFB3-4427-B8A8-108AD2BB1D43.jpeg
    B70CB994-DFB3-4427-B8A8-108AD2BB1D43.jpeg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 580
I have been using Kiara Sky Dip Powder since September, I love it and despite the tempramental top coat reviews I have never had an issue.....until this weekend, please see the attached photo! What on earth could have caused this? If you look closely it just peeled back off the top of the nail like skin?
On application the product was setting on the brush which was a little odd so I switched with my brush saver brush, could this have contaminated the top coat?
I asked Kiara Sky and they said it was not enough seal protect but I’m sure I didn’t apply any differently to normal and that doesn’t explain the top coat setting on the brush!
In the end I had to top coat with a gel and all clients have come back to let me know that it’s peeled off the nail, all in all a disasterous first weekend working in a salon!
Any help/advice is much appreciated!
Xx
If product is setting on the brush on application it would be coming into contact with activator, which sets the glue. Gel polish can peel off dip nails, if nails are too smooth when applied. Normal top coat is fine but 2 coats of a good quality fast drying one.

If product is setting on the brush on application it would be coming into contact with activator, which sets the glue. Gel polish can peel off dip nails, if nails are too smooth when applied. Normal top coat is fine but 2 coats of a good quality fast drying one.
Ahhh ok so maybe I need to make sure I am really really rubbing the seal protect in to stop this from happening! Regarding the gel I buffed the nail will a 100 grit but I think I need to maybe go In With a rigid 150 grit file so I can get a good etch on the surface?
Thanks for your help,
Hannah

I'm not sure if Kara Sky is the same, but with the Cuccio Powder Dip System you have to use a UV/LED hard gel top coat as normal gel polish top coats don't work. (Or you can use a normal non-gel top coat, but personally I can't imagine that lasting as well). If Kiera Sky don't do one Salon Services do a generic one.

I'm not sure if Kara Sky is the same, but with the Cuccio Powder Dip System you have to use a UV/LED hard gel top coat as normal gel polish top coats don't work. (Or you can use a normal non-gel top coat, but personally I can't imagine that lasting as well). If Kiera Sky don't do one Salon Services do a generic one.
Hey, no it’s not not lamp is required they have a separate top coat for the dip powder, I think it’s a bit like a resin as it has glue like properties.
Apparently people have told me the the gel polish top coat works too but I just can’t seem to get it to last on my clients, some have suggested I need to thought the surface up a bit more.
Thanks,
Hannah

If you're still having problems it might be worth trying the hard gel I mentioned because even though they're different systems I would guess they'd have similar ingredients? I find it gives a lovely gloss finish and have had no peeling at all :)

Thanks, what hard gel do you use? Xx

Attachments

• IMG_0564.PNG
    IMG_0564.PNG
    444.2 KB · Views: 184
Are u still having trouble with Kiara Sky’s dip top coat?
After file/buff and applying seal protect 2nd time you need to really rub it with dry lint free wipe.
And then try applying top coat very thinly without going over strokes multiple times. Just 2-3 clean thin layer of top coat. Air dry between top coat and after 2nd top coat, you get shiny finish result as if you’d get with gel polish top coat.
They also have LED/UV top coat for dip powder too (I don’t have this but thinking of buying one to try out in the near future)

Are u still having trouble with Kiara Sky’s dip top coat?
After file/buff and applying seal protect 2nd time you need to really rub it with dry lint free wipe.
And then try applying top coat very thinly without going over strokes multiple times. Just 2-3 clean thin layer of top coat. Air dry between top coat and after 2nd top coat, you get shiny finish result as if you’d get with gel polish top coat.
They also have LED/UV top coat for dip powder too (I don’t have this but thinking of buying one to try out in the near future)
HI.. I am also having problems with kiara sky top coat.. Do you have them wash there hands before applying second coat if seal and protect? Would that affect the finished product and also how long are you letting the first coat of topcoat dry?

Latest posts

Back