Kiara Sky tip and dip issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sclaurie1228

Reaction score
Hello
I’ve been trying to get the hang of the dip nails. I’ve had an issue a few times where the nails are all lumpy & the color is splotchy or missing in areas on the edges or near the cuticle.
Also when I go to file & buff them the color starts to come off in chunks.
It’s like the resin is not drying correctly?
I’ll have to take pics next time it happens.
I follow the steps like instructed. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have watched and watched a ton of videos and I’m at a loss.
Any suggestions?
ThankS
Laurie

Hello
I’ve been trying to get the hang of the dip nails. I’ve had an issue a few times where the nails are all lumpy & the color is splotchy or missing in areas on the edges or near the cuticle.
Also when I go to file & buff them the color starts to come off in chunks.
It’s like the resin is not drying correctly?
I’ll have to take pics next time it happens.
I follow the steps like instructed. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have watched and watched a ton of videos and I’m at a loss.
Any suggestions?
ThankS
Laurie

Hi Laurie and welcome to the site.

Have you had any formal training with this or any other nail system?

I’m a traditional acrylic gal. Have been a licensed nail tech for 20 years.
This usually happens when I use tips and do a dip set. I don’t have an issue when I just do a dip manicure.
I’m suspecting maybe I’m a bit heavy handed with the resin?

And thank you for the welcome
As far as my regular nail tech training I have been trained with Young Nails acrylic.
I’ve just gotten back into the nail game after having a 2 year break. I decided to try the dip nails since I have a few clients there were asking for it.

Thank you for confirming.

I don’t use tip and dip systems, but hopefully others will be along soon to give you some advice.

I used a different system that threatened the same issues. The trick seems to be that you need to get a thin coat of goo on really quickly and evenly, then dip thoroughly in one hit. Building up thin layers.

To be honest I couldn’t be doing with having to clean brushes continuously. I switched to an NSI product which needs to be cured and I’ve found it much less messy.

Latest posts

Back