Kiddies Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guyswas hoping for some help, i may be doing a kids nail art party am just waiting for the details but would like to show some nail art designs to the parent but havent a clue what to design? if any1 has done kids parties and can advise me on what they normally go for, i have done a quick search but any pics tht could be sent to me would be most appreciated im not very artistic so will need some basic designs lol!!! thanks in advance x x

Hi Kelly,

I recently did a kid's party and the girl's loved it. I only gave them a choice of 5 designs done on my own nails to pick from. I had a ladybird, tiger, zebra, daisies and a paw print. All the girls went for the tiger print except for one who had the daisy. If you give them too many to choose from you'll be there all day. But the girl's I had were 10/11 year olds. For younger ones you could change the designs to simpler ones. There was one little girl of 5 who was very happy with just a glitter polish on. I also did their make-ups with glittery pastel colours and sprayed glitter in their hair and they loved it. Don't worry about it, as long as you get them involved and join in with their gossips, they'll love you.

Good luck
Aylin

If I can find any photos I'll email them to you

Kellyc said:
Hi guyswas hoping for some help, i may be doing a kids nail art party am just waiting for the details but would like to show some nail art designs to the parent but havent a clue what to design? if any1 has done kids parties and can advise me on what they normally go for, i have done a quick search but any pics tht could be sent to me would be most appreciated im not very artistic so will need some basic designs lol!!! thanks in advance x x
Kelly, have a look at my website: under the section Little People's Nail Parties there is a board with designs on.

Thanks hun, i have looked at your page before but forgot you had it sorry! thanks that given me some help x x

AYLIN said:
Hi Kelly,

I recently did a kid's party and the girl's loved it. I only gave them a choice of 5 designs done on my own nails to pick from. I had a ladybird, tiger, zebra, daisies and a paw print. All the girls went for the tiger print except for one who had the daisy. If you give them too many to choose from you'll be there all day. But the girl's I had were 10/11 year olds. For younger ones you could change the designs to simpler ones. There was one little girl of 5 who was very happy with just a glitter polish on. I also did their make-ups with glittery pastel colours and sprayed glitter in their hair and they loved it. Don't worry about it, as long as you get them involved and join in with their gossips, they'll love you.

Good luck
Aylin

If I can find any photos I'll email them to you
Hi Aylin
What do you charge: per girl or for the whole party and how long did it all take? Do you offer party bags as well and if so do you charge extra for that?

Do-it-all Deb said:
Hi Aylin
What do you charge: per girl or for the whole party and how long did it all take? Do you offer party bags as well and if so do you charge extra for that?
Hi Deb
Hope you dont mind me butting in but i do nail parties as well. I charge the person who is holding the party as a whole but put a limit on numbers to 6 otherwise it gets really hairy. Its hard work!! I also offer party bags at a cost of £4 each and find they go down really well. Check out my website which shows the party board i do and also shows an example of what i put in the party bags.
Hope this helps but PM me if you want more info on prices etc.

Do-it-all Deb said:
Hi Aylin

Hi Deb,
I charge for the whole party, it's been £50 for 2 hours, but I am thinking of putting it up to £60, for upto 10 girls. I also do party bags like Carole, but parents give me a budget to work on, which sometimes can be really hard, as they don't want to spend too much. But I am also thinking of doing them for a set price, much like Carole does. Sorry Carole I hope you don't think I am copying you.
But the thing is I find I always go over the 2 hours, which means I am not getting paid for the extra time. So Carole or any1 else, if you have any ideas for me to work things out properly, or how much I should be charging, please let me know.

Thanks
Aylin

hi have you any photos of your kiddies nail art???

AYLIN said:
Hi Deb,
I charge for the whole party, it's been £50 for 2 hours, but I am thinking of putting it up to £60, for upto 10 girls. I also do party bags like Carole, but parents give me a budget to work on, which sometimes can be really hard, as they don't want to spend too much. But I am also thinking of doing them for a set price, much like Carole does. Sorry Carole I hope you don't think I am copying you.
But the thing is I find I always go over the 2 hours, which means I am not getting paid for the extra time. So Carole or any1 else, if you have any ideas for me to work things out properly, or how much I should be charging, please let me know.

Thanks
Aylin
Good morning Aylin
Of course i dont mind you doing the same: we geeks gotta stick together!! Obviously u have to be competitive for your area (have u checked out any of the competition for prices?) but i charge £80 for a party coz i'm never ever outta there in 2 hours. People also like to feel like ur not watching the clock and ur less likely to if you have charged more. Definitely charge a set price for the party bag and tell them what ur putting in it and make sure u price it out so that ur making a profit (remember ur time in the petrol to go buy the stuff, ur time in going and time in putting them together). As i always say, business is business.
Hope this helps, hunny.

I did my first kids party on saturday.:) It was fantastic.I used my own designs mostly pink and flowers...girls loved them.

I just wanted to thank to you and Aylin.I ve done it all with your guidance...
Loads of love
Dilek

Yesterday I did a nail art table at the school fete & it was crazy. Thank goodness it rained or I would have been snowed under!!!!!!!
I offered a base nail polish & on top some basic nail art: paw print, dotted lines or flowers. Also if they chose a white base then they were able to have a transfer on top rather than the free hand art. The base had to be white as the transfer paper dried white but I'm working on that one.........
It went really well & the mums were well impressed but my mistake was offering too many base colours, about 20. In future 2 shades of maybe 5 colours will be plenty but I need to work on freehand art so any ideas would be great.
One major prob is tiger stripes. I know they should be simple or at least they look easy but they're not. Maybe I'm just trying too hard????????

I find kids parties great fun too. It's a chance to show off my patience! It's definatly a good idea to limit the choice to 4 or 5 designs. All of the above mentioned are great, dasies, tiger, paw print etc. I find cow print always goes down a treat and it's so easy to do! White background, black splodges! I have only encountered a couple of problems. A wasp flying into the salon made ten 7 year olds go nuts! Polish bottles and capri-sun went flying. I have also taken to removing my usuall nail art displays from the wall during the party, there are always a few who want the diamonte studded dragon. I don't want to have to explain that their friend's mummy didn't pay enough for that one!

Good luck, you'll have great fun!

fee-fo said:
there are always a few who want the diamonte studded dragon. I don't want to have to explain that their friend's mummy didn't pay enough for that one!
Hey, the diamonte dragon sounds great :)
Any chance of a pic???

Thanks Glo, I'll see what i can do. :) I'm always meaning to take more pics of my art. Thats my mission for this week.

Hi everyone,

Was just reading through all the posts as I am too wanting to start kiddies nail art parties. I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on how it works, i.e. what happens when you get there, how long does each person take to do, how do you manage who goes first etc, is there any special insurances or precautions you need to take for working with children etc.

Any advice anyone could give would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Natalie

Hio i do0 art parties, but i take my boards (3) which include animal prints,flowers,burberry,hello kitty,paul frank,pucca,winnie,eeyore,piglet,pooh, football,ghosts,haloween,christmas,reindeer,unionjacks etc etc etc., and they get to choose (maybe there is too much choice but it gives them something to do whilst i am doing the art on a child. I havenmt yet needed to limit the number of girls i have done twelve before. I have done ages from 6 year olds to 15 year olds. I charge £6.95 adn each guest gets a partybag with a mini polish, a mini file (14.95 a bucket of 50 from Nailorder- keep asking at creative if they do them - live in hope and the mini polishes for that matter as i have to pick them up where i can a chemist in another town sells them for four 99p) sweets and my pricelist. for £4.95 per child/teen only the birthday girl gets a bag. they have a shap,polish and choice of art.
they are really popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back