Kids in treatment room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmadorney

Reaction score
Hi guys so I had to ask you al what’s your thoughts on kids in treatment rooms I work from home and a clien ramg 15 mins b4 her app saying she had her kid with her and what should she do? I said if he will sit thru the treatment (eyebrow shape and full body massage she can bring him ) so I got some of my kids books out for him to sit quietly in the courser (why I thought a 3 year old would sit quietly I don’t know ) he causes havoc trying to get under my bed , blowing candles out trying to get things of my trolly leaving the room trying to go in to my bedroom , I feel awful for the mum who was trying to chill I was trying to help by asking him to read me a story , Any way after the treatment she said sorry and that she didn’t wanna cancel and for me to lose money she then said her mum died the week b4 and her head was all over the place and did say she won’t bring him next time I feel guilty taking her money , and that my level of service was compromised I’m thinking from now on to have a no children policy as thinking about it he could have burnt his self on the candles or tipped my wax pot ! Sorry to rant but it really upset me I’m only just starting up again after having kids and don’t want to turn ppl way [emoji27]

If he’d burnt himself on your candle she wouldn’t think twice about suing you for negligence.
You need to be much firmer if someone turns up with a young child in tow.

Yes, it's really difficult isn't it, especially if you are/have been a Mum yourself. You know the situation.

A lot depends on what treatment they have booked and on the age/behaviour of the child.
If they phone ahead to let you know then I would re-book the appointment especially if the slot is more than half an hour.
The trouble is when they arrive on the doorstep with child in tow... (even worse when they tell me child is off school with sick bug, which happened to me last week :eek:). If the appointment is short then I carry on, keeping my beady eye on child. Fortunately these days children are happy to play on mum's phone (I learnt a lot about CBeebies games app last week!) . If it was going to be a long appointment and certainly something like massage, I would perhaps do something quick for them and re-schedule. To be honest the Mum would probably be glad anyway.
P.s
I sprayed everything with disinfectant after said child left the building.....:rolleyes:

Yes, it's really difficult isn't it, especially if you are/have been a Mum yourself. You know the situation.

A lot depends on what treatment they have booked and on the age/behaviour of the child.
If they phone ahead to let you know then I would re-book the appointment especially if the slot is more than half an hour.
The trouble is when they arrive on the doorstep with child in tow... (even worse when they tell me child is off school with sick bug, which happened to me last week :eek:). If the appointment is short then I carry on, keeping my beady eye on child. Fortunately these days children are happy to play on mum's phone (I learnt a lot about CBeebies games app last week!) . If it was going to be a long appointment and certainly something like massage, I would perhaps do something quick for them and re-schedule. To be honest the Mum would probably be glad anyway.
P.s
I sprayed everything with disinfectant after said child left the building.....:rolleyes:

Thanku yes exactally Iv had 3 kids so know how it feels and didn’t want her feeling judged but she obvs didn’t relax I wish I re booked now xx

If he’d burnt himself on your candle she wouldn’t think twice about suing you for negligence.
You need to be much firmer if someone turns up with a young child in tow.

Yes ur [emoji817] right I need to toughen up that’s elegant I needed to hear to be fair !! It’s all well n good me trying to be nice but if the kid got hurt then yes then mum wouldn’t be happy thanku xx

I have it written on my booking form, that kids aren't allowed due to insurance reasons.
The few times I've allowed it, its been a nightmare (even the well behaved ones) so I don't think its worth it.
My best friend recently suggested coming for a massage and bringing her baby. Sounds harsh but I said no. I told her that I guarantee she wouldn't relax. I've had someone bring a newborn before and the poor thing cried the whole appointment. I ended up running over by 20 minutes, and we were all stressed out by the end!

I had a lady recently, who turned up for a microneedling consultation with 2 kids in tow, and didn't even warn me. I allowed it, but even though they were really well behaved, I could see she wasn't really listening. It was pointless. They only interrupted a few times, but even that was too distracting. So I decided that no matter what, it will always be a no from now on.

Hi guys so I had to ask you al what’s your thoughts on kids in treatment rooms I work from home and a clien ramg 15 mins b4 her app saying she had her kid with her and what should she do? I said if he will sit thru the treatment (eyebrow shape and full body massage she can bring him ) so I got some of my kids books out for him to sit quietly in the courser (why I thought a 3 year old would sit quietly I don’t know ) he causes havoc trying to get under my bed , blowing candles out trying to get things of my trolly leaving the room trying to go in to my bedroom , I feel awful for the mum who was trying to chill I was trying to help by asking him to read me a story , Any way after the treatment she said sorry and that she didn’t wanna cancel and for me to lose money she then said her mum died the week b4 and her head was all over the place and did say she won’t bring him next time I feel guilty taking her money , and that my level of service was compromised I’m thinking from now on to have a no children policy as thinking about it he could have burnt his self on the candles or tipped my wax pot ! Sorry to rant but it really upset me I’m only just starting up again after having kids and don’t want to turn ppl way [emoji27]

Kids just shouldn’t be allowed in salons full stop. I think we all try it once and realise our mistake.

About 8 years ago a woman brought a 3 day old baby with her and complained I didn’t have anywhere for the buggy and that she had to fold it up. She put the baby on my sofa upright as if it was able to hold itself up and it was leather so he just kept sliding down. She didn’t care. I had to surround it with my personal pillows. She jumped up 5 times during the brow tint, almost covered the baby in it because she scratched her head and wiped it over her whole face and hand and then tried to pick it up. It was awful. Thing was she was moaning I wasn’t accommodating and I was like mate you brought a baby and you can’t be near a baby when there is tint being applied to your face. I don’t know why she wouldn’t just bring the pram in the room and leave him in it. Why he needed to be dragged out in january cold immediately after birth was beyond me.

The next one I very firmly insisted she not bring her child for patch test but did anyway. I refused to do it inside as it was running around and said it to hold the child. After I did it she picked him up and he grabbed her ear and got covered in it. She couldn’t have cared less! I was out of my mind for 72hrs worried I’d kill this kid with an allergy.

We have to say no because these parents don’t care about the health of their children - be that lack of information about how seriously they can be injured or simply just not caring they can be injured, so we must care for their safety ourselves.

I had one turn up last year at my door with an ill child in her pjs that sneezed on me as I opened it and I was just like gtfo and put this kid in bed. As long as they look good some just don’t care. It even said on my website i’m immune compromised and not to come of sick and definitely don’t bring kids. ‘Yeah so patch test doesn’t count as you aren’t doing a treatment.’ Er yes it does love. I got very ill from the kid sneezing on me aswell. Ugh!

Kids just shouldn’t be allowed in salons full stop. I think we all try it once and realise our mistake.

About 8 years ago a woman brought a 3 day old baby with her and complained I didn’t have anywhere for the buggy and that she had to fold it up. She put the baby on my sofa upright as if it was able to hold itself up and it was leather so he just kept sliding down. She didn’t care. I had to surround it with my personal pillows. She jumped up 5 times during the brow tint, almost covered the baby in it because she scratched her head and wiped it over her whole face and hand and then tried to pick it up. It was awful. Thing was she was moaning I wasn’t accommodating and I was like mate you brought a baby and you can’t be near a baby when there is tint being applied to your face. I don’t know why she wouldn’t just bring the pram in the room and leave him in it. Why he needed to be dragged out in january cold immediately after birth was beyond me.

The next one I very firmly insisted she not bring her child for patch test but did anyway. I refused to do it inside as it was running around and said it to hold the child. After I did it she picked him up and he grabbed her ear and got covered in it. She couldn’t have cared less! I was out of my mind for 72hrs worried I’d kill this kid with an allergy.

We have to say no because these parents don’t care about the health of their children - be that lack of information about how seriously they can be injured or simply just not caring they can be injured, so we must care for their safety ourselves.

I had one turn up last year at my door with an ill child in her pjs that sneezed on me as I opened it and I was just like gtfo and put this kid in bed. As long as they look good some just don’t care. It even said on my website i’m immune compromised and not to come of sick and definitely don’t bring kids. ‘Yeah so patch test doesn’t count as you aren’t doing a treatment.’ Er yes it does love. I got very ill from the kid sneezing on me aswell. Ugh!

3 days old Jesus !!!! I was still in throw away nickers and my nighty [emoji23][emoji23]

Hi,
No way !
Once I was called for a massage at someone’s home, in the middle of the massage ( picture it , Swedish massage in progress client naked only undies on, face down on massage table, properly draped and oil on her feet, legs and body) and suddenly .... a newborn baby started to cry top of her lungs .... I was like in shock... this is what happened:
My brain was racing : how is this lady going to get the baby? What if the oil is not well absorbed yet and she falls, what if something happens to the baby.... the mother, asked me to go to her room and get the baby and try to maker stop crying by bringing her and putting her in a rocking chair that was in a different room.... I was like omg.... my client did not get out of the table .... after 10 m baby starts crying again , I stopped the massage asked her to pay me and started to put away my things the mother started to complain and threatened me with a legal complaint.
Thank God I have an extensive intake form and consent to treatment where clients have to disclose their medical history and so forth and sign that they have disclosed all the information to the best of their knowledge.... I guess that if you give birth you would know about it isn’t it? ... I showed her signed intake form and mentioned that I could report her instead ...
children are cute and I have nothing against them but they cannot be in the treatment room or without another person supervision. If you are a parent and you cannot find someone to take care of your kid, please, reschedule your appointment, ask your hairdresser, massage therapist or nail tech if they know someone who can babysit ... just recently I had a lady who had a 4 year old on her lap and moving while I was trying to do her pedicure ... a week later she complained to my manager that the pedicure was not perfect, ( I just got my licensed but I was supervised by another nail technician who said I did a good job) my manager made me feel so down...

Latest posts

Back