Kids pamper parties - new ideas please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
Hi all - as the title says, I need some new ideas for my princess pamper parties please. I have been doing these for a while now and they are always a success and the little girls love them, but I am looking for some new ideas as to what I can do! In a two hour slot, I do the usual face masks, foot spa's, nails (fingers and toes) and age dependant, make up (fun make up with parental consent).... but any new, fun and engaging ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you x

Glitter tattoos, get them to design a nail art design and have a competition, mini raffle, teach them how to do something, making bracelets, fashion design packs from toys r us, decorating cupcakes? Will think on x

Ohh fab thank you, hadn't thought about the glitter tattoos (Doh!) I will def being doing those now! I like the cupcake idea, but I've found that they really want to do things beauty related and we're generally in a lounge on the floor (with my giant pink rug.... although we still have the odd spillage onto carpets.... Eeek!!)

Hi jb78. Ive just started doing pamper parties and have my first one next weekend the treatments will consist of mini facial with s mask and mini pedi and Mani.
I just need some advice / help in the order I do the treatments and do I take my massage bed for the facials or do I just lay the kids on the floor to do the facials.
Would be grateful of as much advice as possible.
Thanks

I would take your bed,the girls are going to feel a lot older on a bed and make it more like a salon experience for them then asking them to lie on the floor,whilst doing a mini facial you could have th bday girl on the bed the other girls around showing them how to do it,get them to pair up and have a go on each other,depending on you time scale of course xxx

Lucky for me there is only 2 having the facials, they are aged 8 so do you think it would be a good idea to see if they would like to apply the mask to each other? Also whilst I'm doing the facials what shod I get the other little girl doing?
Thanks em x

Hi em79,

I did one of those parties recently with another therapist at the girl's house. She turned 14. I find getting them to paint each other's nails or putting sticker art on each other really makes them giggle which is half the fun.

Sheer Beauty

Think I may get the 2 girls to put the face mask on each other which they may like hopefully not sure about getting them to paint each others feet and hands even though that really sounds fun the mask might be enough
I'm so nervous cos it's my first and week after I've got a pj pamper party hopefully I won't be as nervous

At my nieces 9th birthday party I gave the girls some nails to paint while I was painting them one at a time. They loved it and they made there own nail art.

Just make sure you cover the table incase they spill.

Hi, well I have done a few of these now and I set up on the floor with a large blanket and all the products in the middle. Each girl has a bowl full of applicators, cotton wool, a hairband, etc etc and a plate with a blob of various products on it (cleanser, mask, moisturiser etc) then I do this routine:
  • Start with an ice breaker of name, how old you are and if you could meet a famous person, who would it be.
  • All cleanse their face (me talking them through it
  • Apply face masks to each other and then they all lie down with cucumer slices on their eyes
  • Take face masks off and moisturise
  • Feet in bubble bath bowls and they put foot scrub on their feet
  • File their nails and then paint them (hands and feet) they do it on each other too
  • Then age dependant and with parent consent, we do a mini make up on the birthday girl with me talking them through how to do it, then they all do a make over on each other.
That takes about two hours and they all love it - they really get involved and I make it fun and talk them through things all the time - we all have a giggle - I also let them apply make up to me at the end (I usually end up looking like coco the clown!!!)

This has all been really succesful so far, but I could do with a few new ideas now.... if nothing else, for my own boredom, haha!! x

Jb that sounds like a fab routine! I don't do make up/skincare though :( and would be scared witless letting them play with polish (potential damage!)

Just to add to another post though if you're ever worried about a lull or one kid being left bored check out toys r us fashion design packs - basically blank mannequin outlines on paper and design ideas, pack of pencils and let them design some outfits. I know it doesn't sound that much but one time I had four girls enthralled by it!! Plus dead cheap to just photocopy the blank outlines.

The mum also had them bring a few outfit changes over and they did a fashion show too. It was fab!

I know this is an old post, but I love Jb 78 s ideas!

I'm looking at starting to do these. I am having my 1st one on 14th December ( my 7 year old daughter) I have a small salon room. My dilemma is do I do it at my house or the salon. Doing choc fountain sweet cones as goodie bags, I have a cake lady who does cakes for our events and was thinking of mini cupcakes instead of large bday cake.

What about hair feathers, hair tinsel, face painting, even simple stuff like shimmer lotion, glitter hair spray etc xxx

For our pamper parties, we usually do an "updo" for the hair, a mini mani/pedi, and a facial mask.

We can also switch stuff around, like instead of updo's w/crowns, we can link in a feather or two, or add fantasy strands and blend them in.

For the little ones (2-10 or so) we play dress up with beads and boas and fake earrings and rings and such. If they are old enough (4-5 or so up) we give them cut out foam letters to spell their names, glue and TONS of glitter and ribbon to make room plaques. (since they are usually too little for facials, and are too wiggly for mani/pedi's, lol)

Pretty much anything sparkley, glittery, and totally girlie is the way to go.

Hi
I am thinking of doing these eventually as I have a lot of contacts with young kids. What is a good brand of face mask to use? x

Latest posts

Back