kids TV from 1950

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolate

Reaction score
Need you help geeks. :rolleyes:

I am putting together a quiz night based on kids TV from 1950. Got to do 10 questions from each decade about different programmes, please can you let me know your favs as i need to know whats popular! :)

I have one; Whats the 5 toys from Playschool called?

Ta very much!

If so I can only think of Big Ted, Little Ted, Jemima, Humpty Dumpty - there might be another but I can't think of it - and neither can my work colleagues - hope that's what you meant! xxx

The doll was called something like Hamble - and no I was not about in the 50's even if I do look it LOL.

Yep Fiona is right it's Hamble OMG makes me feel old now lol

Good luck with the quiz

Take care Dawnie xx

That brings back some childhood memories. I loved playschool when i was young. They have the new version now called Tikka billa, which is sort of the same, you still get the 3 windows, Round, Square or Arched, which one will it be....lol.

Do you want us to help you create some questions, or just know our favourite progs. One of my favourites was Mary, Mungo & Midge, so you could ask what were they? Mary was a girl, Mungo was a dof and Midge was a mouse. My other faves were the clangers, and the Herbs(what was the lion's name? - Parsley) oh and the Wombles (who was the cook? - madame cholet!!! I feel I am regressing to a long time ago and could go on all night!! Have fun

but who knows the magic password to open the herb garden...? (it's one of my favoroooooni programmes ...i'm 37 now!!!!)

What about the Wooden Tops? I loved that!

Rachel, do you want us to think up some questions for you or just list some oldie programmes?

JackieMc said:
What about the Wooden Tops? I loved that!

Rachel, do you want us to think up some questions for you or just list some oldie programmes?

Bugger it - I should read these things thoroughly..... Sarah already asked that! :rolleyes:

Ok....... how about naming the Banana Splits?

Hectors House; the Clangers - don't know if they are from the 50's but hey...

I get mixed up between 50/60's tv.
I did love the Wooden Tops, Andy Pandy, Pogals Wood.
Later Mr Ben, Mary, Mungo & Midge & Little Joe.
My first crush was Captain Scarlet ... yes I know he was a dummy :o :rolleyes:
OOOh! in the six week hols it was Daktari, Banana Splitz and The Double Deckers!

Glorsclaws said:
My first crush was Captain Scarlet ... yes I know he was a dummy :o :rolleyes:

It's ok Glor....... I fancied the pants off Troy Tempest! ;)

I also get mixed up with the 50s and 60s, must be the age.........lets not go there, I`ve already been told my eyes have aged, lol.
One of my favourites was HR Puff`n`Stuff with Jack Wild but no one I know remembers that.
I also love the wooden tops and Bill and Ben with Little weeeeeeeeeeeed

Was it herbidacious? OH you've really got me going now, coz I can't remember and it's bugging me!!!!!
Tickled Pink! said:
but who knows the magic password to open the herb garden...? (it's one of my favoroooooni programmes ...i'm 37 now!!!!)

the only kids thing i can think of is Bill And Ben and The Clangers.. I dun even know if their fom the 50's... lol
hope it helps..
Love xxxleahxxx

Debs said:
I also get mixed up with the 50s and 60s, must be the age.........lets not go there, I`ve already been told my eyes have aged, lol.
One of my favourites was HR Puff`n`Stuff with Jack Wild but no one I know remembers that.
I also love the wooden tops and Bill and Ben with Little weeeeeeeeeeeed

Hey Debs i remember HR Puff and Stuff, Love the theme song.
H R PUFF N' STUFF ALWAYS THERE WHEN THINGS GET ROUGH
H.R.PUFF N'STUFF YOU CANT GET A LITTLE IF YOU CANT GET ENOUGH.

AND THE BOAT WAS OWNED BY A CROOKED OLD WITCH
WHO HAD IN MIND A FLUTE TO SNITCH
AND THE BOAT WENT ON AND ON AND ON........

weyhey, thanks Lesley, how funny is that. You are the first person ever to tell me you remember it, I almost felt I`d dreamed it all up, lol.
I couldn`t go as far as remember the words to the song though, only the first couple of lines maybe although the tune stays with me

Latest posts

Back