kids....what would you do???????????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Ok....I love kids,please dont think otherwise.I have 3 so I must love the little rascals:eek:

Well today mum and child came in,mum wants treatment(not going to say what just in case)

Anyway,daughter gets stool out,climbs up,whilst I'm doing treatment...then promptley sneezes all over large mirror:eek:full blown,no hand nothing.

I say to mum,"your daughter just sneezed all over mirror",half hearted apology:rolleyes:actually none at all really.

They leave room,I go back in and ........it's till splattered,now,if it were one of my kids I would have apologised,then cleaned mirror myself.

What would you do????

personnaly i would have cleaned the mirror flower - i think what the "mother" did was disrespectful by leaving it

even when i go to my mums house and emily puts her hands on glass - i clean it - imo - why should other peeps have to clean up when it your child etc that makes the mess

I would have laughed...:lol:...sorry but i am the immature sort who thinks when someone trumps its funny....but only other peoples kids.

because of 'little darlings' like that, I no longer have kids in my salon! But I would have apologised profusely and cleaned the mirror. And wouldn't have let her get the stool out in first place.

You said that she stood on a stool, now what if she had fallen off that stool? Who would the mother blame? You maybe?

And if that big mirror had come of the wall and smashed? I bet it would be your fault again ?!!

Just remember, we live in a compensation claim/'let's sue' society. And NO WAY should we not furnish our salons nicely just because somebody's 'brat' who they can't and won't control, may hurt themselves when misbehaving!!!:mad:

Don't get me wrong, ( she says well and truly on high horse!) some peoples children are an absolute credit to them and I miss those ones that are very much, but it had to be an all or nothing policy for me.

Just my opinion though :lol: xxxx

its difficult, i have 3 kiddies and wouldn't dream of taking them to a hairdressers, beauty salon or nail bar, however some of my clients do just that, in my treatment room i have a pedi chair so i take the lead with the kids and say 'you can come and sit in the big comfy chair' aren't you lucky, and you can look after mummys bag, coat etc ...' generally they sit tight i only really allow this for brow, lip chin and the like.... i would be quite shocked if one of these kid sneezed over a mirror and the mum wasn't embarrassed, i would expect them to at least offer to clean it up. i would like most of you be mortified if one of mine did that x

It's quite shocking how many mums dont actually tell their kids to sit still,I always ask them to sit on the chair and quite often I turn around and they are in between me and the wax pot:eek:at which point I remind them that they must sit away or they could get burnt,but you know,a lot of the times mother dosn't say a word and I dont feel it's my job to tell their kids as it could cause offence.I do tell them but in as non offensive manner as I can but it does get up my nose.

If it had been one of my children I would have been mortified and insisted I cleaned it up,not left the residue all over the mirror for someone else to clean up,absolutely disgusting.:irked:Not even a mention of "you should use a tissue"to the child in question from the mother.

I would love to have a no child policy in the treatment rooms.It is dangerous and a huge H&S issue,but sadly we dont have any such policy and I think it would actually put some clients off of coming as some dont have childcare.

Well Ive never been in the situation of having a client bring children into my room and I have to say if asked I would say soory but you cant - in as nice as possible a way of course!:)

Why? Because I have 3 myself and would NEVER take them into a salon with me. If I couldn't get childcare I would cancel my appointment.

i wont have children in and this is why.....i was brought up to ALWAYS say please and thank you....when i was round someone,s house with or without my parent,s...i never wondered house alone nor did i help myself to the fridge.....i would have gone mad if it was me...stuff from nose make,s me be sick so i would have said this to her and asked her to clean it of...it all boil,s down to respect and in this case,and alot other,s,there is defo lack of respect....

Latest posts

Back