Kill me now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Im in shock! i follow a page on facebook. it is actually used for selling and buying hairdressing equipment etc, but occasionally (lile this morning) "hairdressers" will come on and ask advice on colours etc.
Well this morning this happened and its really got my back up.
The op asked "Can I use 12/81 wella as an ash toner rather than a colour"
a few people commented "yes no problem i do it all the time" some even posting pictures of there clients hair after doing it etc.
So i wrote "no you shouldnt use the 12 range to tone as its designed to lift. if you need to lighten it do it with bleech first then tone afterwards with the correct level. the lighter the colour the less amout of tone it holds so it wouldnt make sense to tone with a 12 anyway x"
liturally since then 4 "hairdressers" are saying my advice is incorrect and encouraging this girl to use the 12/81 as a toner :0 - which i might add she has now written - "thanks for your advice amanda (me) but im going to go with the others and use it"
one messaged me saying "It works for me, I've been a stylist for 22years and know what I'm doing! Harmony asked for advice and I gave it, like other stylists on here. No offence but everyone has there own way of toning and colouring, that's mine! Good day"
GRR so frustrating when people give bad advice!

Don't give it another thought. Let's face it, we know there are plenty of dodgy hairdresser's out there who make it up as they go along when it comes to colouring. After all, we get their poor clients, lol.

There's really not much point trying to educate anyone via Facebook as they clearly aren't interested in being the best hairdresser they can be.

We know you don't use a highlift to tone, so you're in good company here. :)

i know its just really frustrated me mainly because they made me look like i was the one who didnt have a clue what i was doing. theres liturally around 6 - 7 of them now saying that im wrong and acting quite smug about it too.
I wont think about it anymore just cant help but feel sorry for the poor client. especially as its now come to my attention that this "toner" is going over bleeched hair :/

They probably are the type that use bleach and 12% on everyone too!

Lol

Oh it wouldn't surprise me. I'm seriously out numbered here though. Someone just wrote... it's true I ran out of 8/81 in the salon so use 12/81 instead with pastel for 15 mins and it turned out the same.

Oh and apparently your supposed to tone on dry hair with 6% too fml

Oh and apparently your supposed to tone on dry hair with 6% too fml
Oh my days where do these people on fb get there training. If I ever end up doing this give me a rope

Latest posts

Back