Kim Lawless - intimate waxing course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky you, I am still saving up to do her course. Thought you didn't need a model but if you do I am more than happy to help! X
You're right. Students wax each other and models are only allowed if the students has a genuine medical reason or has had laser. You're welcome to come as a model though if someone needs one. x

Don't be nervous, the course is fantastic. Trust me, I'm a big girl and quite body conscious and I was fine.

When you first get there you are thinking about it, but as Kim shows you her technique, that's all you're focusing on.

If anything I was more worried about people watching me wax, lol.

It was one of the best things I've done for my business xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I was really nervous about taking my knickers off tbh & it didn't help that my best friend was there 😳 topbird I wonder wether it was you on my course as someone had their daughter about 17 & she was the first to be done, So brave I thought so if she could do it so could I by the end of the day you will have looked at so many bits & bums you no longer see that just hair & angles !! A truly fabulous course with a truly fabulous trainer made a huge difference to my business.- go for it!! X

For what it's worth ladies, I never ever forget how daunting it must be for you all and I applaud you all. In fact to show my support, I'm going to start doing my demo's wearing no knickers! Lol xx

For what it's worth ladies, I never ever forget how daunting it must be for you all and I applaud you all. In fact to show my support, I'm going to start doing my demo's wearing no knickers! Lol xx

Lol - I so want to do this course and need to get over my own inhibitions lol. That really isn't going to help though! I'll either call or drop you an email x

I've booked on the course and am now terrified! I have no problem with other people's bits and pieces but after having a baby and all the disruption that causes down below I really am struggling with the idea of everyone seeing my lady bits! No choice now though and I just keep telling myself humiliation for one day and then pro waxer for the rest of my life. Small price to pay really :-/ eeeek xxx

I've booked on the course and am now terrified! I have no problem with other people's bits and pieces but after having a baby and all the disruption that causes down below I really am struggling with the idea of everyone seeing my lady bits! No choice now though and I just keep telling myself humiliation for one day and then pro waxer for the rest of my life. Small price to pay really :-/ eeeek xxx

Snap it's after having my little boy that puts me off the most! But Weldone you! I will Defo do it by the end of the year x

Strange isn't it as everyone said to me once you have a baby all your self consciousness goes out the window but I've found the opposite!! I guess you get it in your head as well that all the other girls there are going to look like supermodels with the most perfect mooeys but got to remember they will just be normal girls like us! x

I just keep telling myself humiliation for one day and then pro waxer for the rest of my life. Small price to pay really :-/ eeeek xxx
That's what I told myself but I promise you, it isn't humiliating at all. You will be fine and you'll come out of it with awesome new waxing skills! Win!

You don't notice anyone bits cos you're concentrating on your wax application so don't worry. I was one of the first on the bed and myself and the other model had a little chat, the whole day is relaxed

I'm doing this course with Kim next week I can't wait :)

I'm booked for this in October. It will be an experience anyway haha :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was just ready to phone and book and September is all booked up now :(

Lol you guys shouldn't sweat the small stuff like getting waxed and being naked waist down! Kim is great, everyones in the same boat feels conscious ect. Ive had 4 kids and the lady garden is not a pretty sight ( more like a battle ground that could do with reconstructive surgery! After 4 difficult home births) id never even had a Hollywood and I'm no skinny mini so if i can do it anyone can! It will make u a better waxer ;) id love to do the course again just to refresh. Had to laugh about your knickerless tactics to put people at ease Kim!!!! :D

I didn't go to Kim's course but went to the PR academy in Notts and also had the same worries. Honestly we were all more worried about technique than anything else. I was paired with a 50+ lady who was as paranoid as me at 29 after 2 kids. We giggled about it after, it's honestly not top of anyone's list and after all we can't control who our potential clients are!!

Lisahend, if tjmadmum can't be your model for whatever reason I would love to be!

I'm brand new to waxing I've just finished my beauty nvq lv 2, would you guys recommend I carry on as I am and get some experience before doing the Brazilian course or just jump straight in? X

I'm excited as I'm booked in Sept for 2 days (ladies and intimate)!!! I'm a mum and Nan and not so much worried about getting my knickers off more about having a 'pop off'!! Raofl:lol:

I'm brand new to waxing I've just finished my beauty nvq lv 2, would you guys recommend I carry on as I am and get some experience before doing the Brazilian course or just jump straight in? X

Jump straight in!

I wish I'd learnt straight away. I'm training with Kim in October snd can't wIt. Would have made my money back about ten times by now!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back