Kim Lawless training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harmonyholistic

Reaction score
Hi I am booked on Kim's course next week. Both her speed waxing and intimate waxing. I am really excited about it and finally my whole plan is coming together at long last.
The thing I'm worried about is the journey down there. I will be going by train and I will be arriving the day before at euston station London. I'm worried about the London Underground it is really daunting and I bit scarey to me. I have never been in the London Underground and don't know what to expect. I have to go from euston to fenchurch street. Then to hornchurch where my hotel has been booked.
Has anyone else made this journey and how did you find it. Was it easy and is anyone else booked on her course for next week.
I know this sounds silly but I am genuinely worried about the journey.

I have travelled through London a fair amount though not on that particular journey. The underground is busy so prepare yourself for that! But it is well signposted and you can look on 'Transport for London' to plan your tube journey (which line you need to take etc). You can use cash or card to buy your ticket at automated machines at the entrance of the station. There are staff dotted around if you need to ask for any help. The trains are very regular so don't feel you need to rush through. xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi I am booked on Kim's course next week. Both her speed waxing and intimate waxing. I am really excited about it and finally my whole plan is coming together at long last.
The thing I'm worried about is the journey down there. I will be going by train and I will be arriving the day before at euston station London. I'm worried about the London Underground it is really daunting and I bit scarey to me. I have never been in the London Underground and don't know what to expect. I have to go from euston to fenchurch street. Then to hornchurch where my hotel has been booked.
Has anyone else made this journey and how did you find it. Was it easy and is anyone else booked on her course for next week.

There is an app for the underground makes it a whole lot easier. You type your destination and it tells you which line to get on... easy :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm on the training next Tuesday & Wednesday, also staying in Hornchurch. Where are you coming from?

You can't get a tube from Fenchurch street to hornchurch. Fenchurch st is an overground station. It will take you into upminster (where Kim is) and you can catch a tube from upminster back to hornchurch, only two stops I think. Or you can get the district line all the way from London to hornchurch x

I had the same problem end of last year. I'm a nervous traveller and hadn't realised it wasn't a straight through train before I booked. But I made it there and back alone and it wasn't half as scary or confusing as I had expected. So do not panic. I just familiarised myself with exactly where I needed to go. All stations and estimated lengths of time between each stop. I purposely travelled down in the day on the way so it wouldn't be as busy or dark. And then Luckily there was a girl travelling back on the underground to the stop after me who was as nervous so it was nice to get bk to my train station with company as it was pretty busy as it was rush hour but still not as bad as I thought. You'll be fine. Just find out exactly where you need to go keep your phone charged so you can keep checking if it makes you feel better. And book tickets in advanced as it's definitely much much cheaper I was robbed as I bought on the day. Xx

Ps. The training was totally worth it :) enjoy.

Thank you all for your advice. It is nerve wrecking. I'll ask for help when I get to euston I think. I'm sure I'll work it out. I'm more nervous about the journey than the course itself. I am travelling down the day before. So that I can't get too lost. During daytime hours. I guess us northern girls are a little apprehensive of big cities. Well I am anyway.. Lol

Oh I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm so excited. It's a dream of mine finally coming true. X

I'm on the training next Tuesday & Wednesday, also staying in Hornchurch. Where are you coming from?

Hi same days as me. I have sent you a pm.

Following this. I am on Kims course next month & have the same worry regarding travelling alone. Let us know how you get on. x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Following this. I am on Kims course next month & have the same worry regarding travelling alone. Let us know how you get on. x

I will let you. It's probably quite a common worry.

I did the same journey myself but from Watford last week. Get the train to Euston then Tower Hill and change there for the mainline out again. I was worried but once your doing it it's actually fine and not anything scary like you think it will be. If you get lost, just ask one of the ticket staff at the stations, they all know where to send you. Xxx

This is the only thing that has stopped me doing Kim's training. I've wanted to do it for about 4 years but I'm scared of making the journey alone! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I was scared of the journey too as I don't use public transport and don't have the kind of mind that can understand maps or directions ;)

So I just flew into airport and then got taxi from airport to hotel hotel to kims and kims to airport it made it more expensive but took the stress out of it and will do it again for next course

But this time will stay nice airport hotel not the awful one from last time

This is the only thing that has stopped me doing Kim's training. I've wanted to do it for about 4 years but I'm scared of making the journey alone! I'm glad I'm not the only one.[/QUOTE

I think you should just go for it. Yes the journey scares me. But I know it will be worth it in the end. It's just the London Underground that scares me. But it will be worth it in the end.
My desire to do her course is over riding my worries about the journey. I have had some detailed instructions off a lovely geek who lives in the area. So I feel a lot better about it now. X

Could you pm those travel instructions to me please. They may be of help when I go next month.. x :)

Could you pm those travel instructions to me please. They may be of help when I go next month.. x :)

Hi I've sent a pm

Many thanks. x

Latest posts

Back